No reverse lights, no blown fuses, still no power.

Taz6056

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Lost my reverse lights last night. Like the title says I checked for power at the lights both unplugging the bulb and tested, and using a straight pin thru the wire insulation, no blown fuses and now I have no idea what to do. The bulbs look good but I will check them tonight and report back, Any one have any suggestions?

Marc.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Fuse 32 (TBC 5) in the rear fuse block is the only fuse associated with the reverse lights.

The reverse lights turn on via a driver in the BCM. If this wire was shorted, like when a live loose wire hits a metal kick panel when wiring up a reverse light box, you may have wiped out the driver. The service manual does not mention if the bcm will turn off the driver/set a code if it detects that the wire is shorted. It says that if you have no pcm dtc's, have a ground at the reverse socket(s), and have continuity from the bcm E5 (light green) to the positive at the reverse socket(s), then replace the bcm.

But before you do any of that, I would triple check that fuse first (12v on both sides with the key on), and then try to reset the bcm by cutting power to it for a 1/2 hour or so.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
You had the key on when testing?

If fuse is good, lamps are good and wire is good, it must be the switch or the ground.

Taz6056 said:
The bulbs look good .
NOTE: your eye ball does not convince me that the lamps are good.

So, I see you have other posts where you are talking about aux reverse lights...........................do you still have them and why would you think this info would not be of importance while trying to solve this problem?

And, what about this thread: http://gmtnation.com/f35/kenwood-6160-problems-because-im-idiot-3148/ would sparks not be a reason to check fuses and, more importanly, tell us about it in this thread.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher