No DRL after quad diode mod?

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Alright guys trying to figure this one out.. 05 tb ls i6. Did the quad diode mod at front fuse box and installed just like i had before on my own and numerous other gmt.. And it didnt work. Low beams didnt come on, and highs were dim. Took the diode out and lows and highs work like they are supposed to with the switch, but now no drl, or flash with lock/unlock.. How can this be if drl and the flash is controlled by the bcm? Is there a fuse or something im missing?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Did you try flipping the connections? The diode could have been in the wrong direction.

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
well i guess this thread can be deleted now, after starting truck after having diode out for a lil while everything works like its supposed to..

Reactions: djthumper

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
negative, he didnt want to install it after the issue he had i guess.. i dont know if he didnt have it hooked up right or what the deal was.. I tested it before i sent it out and everything worked as it was supposed to.

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Oh ok. Asking for a customer. I thought you were doing the mod yourself to the TB. Sounds like operator error to me :yes:
Mine has been done for quite a while and i even did a guy local to me without issues.. So i agree must have been operator error.. Lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:iagree: Sounds like the diode was going in the wrong direction, and connected from the low beam relay coil, to the high beam relay feed to the bulbs.

The DRLs being on, is why the high beams were dim maybe? He may try again if he realizes how simple of a mistake it was.

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
:iagree: Sounds like the diode was going in the wrong direction, and connected from the low beam relay coil, to the high beam relay feed to the bulbs.

The DRLs being on, is why the high beams were dim maybe? He may try again if he realizes how simple of a mistake it was.

he supposedly wired it up as instructed. i couldn't get him to send pics, all he said was it was how i told him to install it. So im not for sure exactly which pins on relay it was running. i got the impression that after the whole drl not working that he doesnt really want to mess with it anymore..

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mine has been done for quite a while and i even did a guy local to me without issues.. So i agree must have been operator error.. Lol

Yeah I knew you had the diode mod done for quite some time, but thought you personally were installing it on someone else's TB.

If he wouldn't send pics for additional help, sounds like he probably was not sure what he was doing to begin with. Another one of those FB only researchers :no:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You guys talking about at the fuse box or at the BCM? I did mine at the BCM, no issues here.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online