no crank no start no shift...starts with add on remote starter

Luckydog4

Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
04 trailblazer no start no crank shifter locked in park...fuses and relays good anyone have any ideas ?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

With the Key in the Ignition.... and after stepping on the Brake Pedal... if the Battery Voltage has dropped precipitously LOW... there will NOT be enough "Juice" at or around 12.5 Volts to cause the Park-Lock Solenoid to release and allow the Shifter to move through the PRNDL settings. Test the Battery for Proper Voltage using a DMM set to DC Volts and advise on your findings.

Watch this Video from @MAY03LT for Starting Problems and their correct methodology for Diagnosis. Mind the presence of any"Tender Ears"... as his Language can often be ...quite "Spicey":

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Cranks with remote but not the key? I'd be looking at the ignition switch.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
My Trailblazer had a similar situation. Had no-crank issue unbeknownst to me when I bought it. Happened so often I left a mechanics remote starter connected and lying up on the dashboard!! Puzzled me why it would start with the remote but not with the key. One day it so happened it wouldn't crank with the key and I had the time so I took a meter and started checking. Can't remember the specific connection but it was at the starter. A battery power cable...I had power on the cable eye. I had power on the hold down nut and it was tight and looked clean. I had power on the lockwasher. But when I metered the stud that battery power cable was connected to.....nothing! No power! I retested. Cable eye, yes. Nut, washer, yes. Stud, nothing. Well I'll be dipped in shit!! The remote worked because it was clamped to the stud!

Reactions: Redbeard and mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online

No members online now.