NEED HELP No Crank/No Start after GPS tracker removal

Afullenkamp

Original poster
Jul 27, 2022
South Carolina
I need help installed aftermarket radio car still cranked and run until following day when I found a GPS tracker under steering column after removing it car wouldn'tcrank. 3 weeks is been too my local chevy dealer who was unable to fix or even diagnosis problem . Wires have been cut since they had it and I'm not sure what to do 05 chevy trailblazer ls

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Have heard of these trackers being installed when a vehicle is financed and can be disabled if payments aren't made, which also makes it easier to find and repo. Search online on how to remove these. It might be tying into the VATS and preventing it from starting. Is the security light on?

Afullenkamp

Original poster
Jul 27, 2022
South Carolina
Device is already removed from car. It was spliced into the yellow ignition wire. Chevrolet dealership was no help they weren't able to diagnosis it

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Has nothing to do with the radio. I'm talking about the security light in the gauge cluster. It looks like a car with a padlock on it.

According to the schematic, the yellow wire from the ignition switch sends the starter signal to the PCM.

2004-trailblazer-starting-circuit-jpg.73341

Check fuse 17 in the under hood fuse block. Beyond that, you need to do full flowcharting to check the reason for the no crank:
No Crank, Like Attempting To Start In Drive

Are there any codes? Are you able to scan and communicate with the PCM?

Reactions: budwich

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
THIS "On Topic" Article that includes the Pictorial Step-By-Step Procedures for "How to Remove a GPS Disable-R Device" should prove ...quite interesting:

Attachments

• GPSDISABLER.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: JerryIrons

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Wondering if a fuse for ignition coils or fuel pump got popped, or ignition switch

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
But do those key fuses have power being supplied..

Turn to the basics.. Is there Air, Spark, and fuel.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you can't communicate with the PCM, I would suspect a power issue to it. Check your ignition switch outputs as per this video:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online