No Air from HVAC - might be multiple problems

Envoy10

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So I've been reading a lot here trying to pinpoint my exact problem.
History
I've had a bad actuator for a number of years now. The air(when it was working) only flowed through the bottom and defrost vents. I bought the actuator, I just didn't have good enough health to deal with it, I just got used to it.
More
The only thing I can say I remember before the HVAC completely stopped pushing air is the battery. Something is causing the battery to drain. Due to my health issues, not wanting to deal with it, I just used my remote starter everyday to keep the battery from being drained. (shuts off after 10 mins) After having my vehicle shipped across the country (2 weeks). I received the car with a dead battery. Was able to jump start it, however, this is when the air stopped working altogether. This happened during the winter so I stopped using the vehicle until things warmed up. I eventually bought a new battery and upon installing it, the HVAC started pushing air through. But after a few months, the battery drained again and even after recharging battery again, even replacing the battery this past week, still no airflow. Which brings me here looking for help. If you've read this far, thank you. I have a couple of months here before the cold weather returns, I'm hoping to have this taken care of. If anyone can give me some insight, it would be appreciated.

What have I done so far?
I've tried to recalibrate the HVAC by removing the 3 fuses under the rear seat. I've also replaced the relay under the hood. No luck.. I'm not sure what to troubleshoot next, blower motor module? Something else?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It would be a good idea to track down the origin of the parasitic drain, which may be related if the HVAC module is defective. Here are a couple of ways of doing it:

Do you have the auto or manual HVAC?

Reactions: Matt

Envoy10

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Do you have the auto or manual HVAC?
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delayed response.
Yes it is an auto HVAC..
Update; so I've been turning on the vehicle remotely every day and one day recently I decided to check the HVAC and surprisingly I have air coming out again. Yes!! This means I can actually drive it this winter. I also realized that I have very little desire to mess with this vehicle in my current condition. That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need work done to my steering system. I'm even nervous about disconnecting the battery to do a parasitic drain test. I'm afraid the HVAC will stop working again.
Would removing the correct HVAC fuse before disconnecting the battery keep the HVAC ibtact? At this point I'm just looking to get through the winter. Other than steering and this HVAC issue, I should be able to. Hopefully come spring I'm blessed enough to be able to move on from this vehicle. I guess I'm looking for guidance on what to tell the mechanic that will work on my steering system if he needs to unplug the battery.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No. As soon as you cut power to the HVAC, battery or fuse, it will do a full reset and do the relearn, which means the possibility of losing an actuator from being swept from one end to the other of its travel.

KEEBZ489

Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
could just be the connection on the blower resistor. the resistors are known to have issues themselves also but i was just wiring a new dash cam behind the glove box , luckily i had the car on for music and air and heard the blower go off when i bumped the blower harness. i would have been pissed and dumbfounded to have put it back together only to turn drive the next day without any air. the connecter was loose. i used an awl to bend the metal tab inside the female side connector and its good as new

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online