No 4x4

N.arivett

Original poster
Aug 21, 2020
Indiana
Ok so I went through the thread on checking the system got to step 3. My Problem is i am in a4wd but when i switched to any other position the light just blinks but nothing engages I hear no noise from the front axle disconnect which is brand new or the shift motor on the transfer case. Even placing in neutral it does nothing in 4low either. All the lights come on when I turn the key for the switch. And I have no service 4 wheel drive light on or any check engine lights.

N.arivett

Original poster
Aug 21, 2020
Indiana
Well Hell from what I just read with all the Problems on these TrailBlazers. Maybe I should count myself lucky that mine isn't functioning and is in two wheel High. No service lights on. And I just changed the front Diff fluid it held about 2.6 pints I am changing the rear tomorrow. Here is an Interesting note I just bought this trailblazer from a girl who the mechanic told her a hub Bearing was making noise. Turns out the front axle disconnect actuator had sprung which was partially engaging the 4x4 in front and causing the noise. sadly just changing the actuator did not help because the damage had already been done. So while I was tearing it down i noticed the upper and lower control arm bushings were toast. So ordered a new front end kit including struts and everything from Detroit axle. 4 days later Everything is new in the front end lol. I had to remove the disconnect and the axle at same time because it was stuck tight. Couple wacks with a hammer and a socket small enough to hit just the axle and it came out thank god lol. I will just leave well enough alone on the 4x4 issue I think until i get a service issue light. Thanks for letting me join .

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I bought a new 4WD disconnect recently and had the same issues. Turns out the encoder motor was faulty, and when in the 2WD position the plunger was extended, didn't see this until I removed the actuator.

Don't discount a broken wire at the disconnect or a faulty selector switch.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
I ran into a recent issue where my transfer case encoder motor would engage but the actuator for the disconnect would not. The TC would switch and then the position light on the switch would blink. Fixed with a new ignition switch.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online