FOR SALE Nice DD ??

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Not mine and don't know if these are decent cars but, rust free, low miles caught my eye.
00D0D_9HWxUwt2CmPz_0CI0rG_600x450.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric04

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Not mine and don't if these are decent cars but, rust free, low miles caught my eye.
View attachment 102255

Don't see the coupe's that often...even back in the day. Lot's of life left in this one as it has a 3100 under the hood. I'd DD in the summer.:thumbsup:

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
They were very good cars. Powertrain was nearly bulletproof, only issue being ubiquitous GM V6 intake gasket issue. For under 5 grand it would be a great 3 season ride, provided part availability is solid. I think it would be but that's the only thing I'd have to research.

Reactions: northcreek

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Decent cars. With the 3100, they also had head gasket issues

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
If you like the styling on the car, and what it represents (last of a marque)... why not?
The '2nd revision' intake gasket set is supposed to have finally fixed the problems with that, at least.
If the 3800 was available in that car, it'd be a no-brainer. Those last forever.
And while that might not be my favorite Cutlass, that's not a bad looking car. I could live with that front fascia, over the other GM versions.

I'll bet you could buy it, keep it out of the salt, and sell it at something like Mecum a few years from now and (at least) recover what you paid for it. People can't resist discontinued brands, IMO.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The '2nd revision' intake gasket set is supposed to have finally fixed the problems with that, at least.
I wish that was the case. My Aztek has the same head gasket issue on its 3400. They never really fixed the issue, They just discontinued this variant of the engine in 2005. It was replaced in 2006 with the 3500 and 3900, and in some cases, the 3.6HF.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.