Next Ohio Meet?!

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Calling all Ohioans!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

just throwing a feeler out there.. usually we have more meets then this.. i dont think we've had one yet for the Ohio folks.. just the big midwest one, and then Matt, Josh, and myself met at a yogurt stand... oh wait.. plus the one at the tilted kilt back in april?? i know it was Matt, Josh, Sam and myself..

so how about it? what are you all thinking.. Akron again, C-Bus, Sheffield, Cleveland, Toledo... something lol...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I was just told by my coworker I need to get out more and go do something since all I do is work, work, sit on forums at home all evening, work... :rotfl:

So yeah, we need something around here again. Something that I can make it out to hopefully.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I am ready to do something. It doesn't look like Carlisle is in my future this year so I am hoping for a local area meet or two.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
If y'all wanna come to Marion we could hit Sonic then maybe the new pool
I was thinking about getting a C'bus meet together, but Marion is probably better for the Northern members. I'll also be looking at Cincinnati in September.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Since I am hopefully moving this month, I vote for Cinci or Dayton sometime soon since I cant make Carlisle this year.

Could likely hit C-bus, but will need a month or so to recover from the moving expenses and what not.

Was thinking of a Fall camp out at our farm in SE Indiana. Only about 35 minutes from Cinci. Does have a gravel drive back to cabin/pond.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
ive been waiting to go to a couple meets this year so im hoping for either c bus or cinci for me sounds great

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
I was thinking about getting a C'bus meet together, but Marion is probably better for the Northern members. I'll also be looking at Cincinnati in September.

C'bus is good and a lot more to do.

bagdvoy

Nov 19, 2011
Depending on when it is I'm in. Prefer Cincy, Dayton, C-bus area Just been busy doing things around the house and going to some car shows.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
im going to go out and start cleaning the truck lol its been a long time since its had a good cleaning and this will give me the excuse to do it

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
bagdvoy said:
Depending on when it is I'm in. Prefer Cincy, Dayton, C-bus area Just been busy doing things around the house and going to some car shows.

And I would love to see your truck!!!! :wootwoot:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If I can make the meet, I'll have to decide whether to get the truck all washed and clean looking, or go out and romp in some dirt and mud puddles :rotfl:

If the meet is in mid-late August I probably wouldn't have it with me however. That's likely to be the time that it'll go in for body work.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I'd definitely like to see both, a Cincy meet and a C'bus meet. It is sounding like an August Cincy meet and September C'bus meet works the best. If the Northern crew don't want to wait until September, it might be time for another Akron/Canton meet. :undecided:

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
Hahaha....we could kick it old school, with a joint meet. Geeds (CodeRed) is getting a 355 meet together at QS&L in Cbus on August 11th at 2pm....:undecided:

And he's got a 355 and a 360, maybe his mom could drive his TB out for him. :rotfl:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
JosueLT said:
Hahaha....we could kick it old school, with a joint meet. Geeds (CodeRed) is getting a 355 meet together at QS&L in Cbus on August 11th at 2pm....:undecided:
Joint meets are always good. :thumbsup:

JosueLT said:
maybe his mom could drive his TB out for him. :rotfl:
Dude...that's just wrong. :ugh:

:rotfl:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
the september meet if i could throw it out there for the first weekend my wedding is september 22 so i know all around that date i will be busy :frown:

Code Red

Dec 11, 2011
Hey guys, I'm setting up a meet in Columbus at the Quaker Steak by Polaris on August 11th around noon for the colorado/canyon guys, if you guys are interested.

I have 4 people interested so far from there.

Quaker Steak & Lube
8500 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
May be do-able. Depends on next couple weeks.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Cbus is doable for me... only problem, my SS is back at the dealership with a possible blown tranny!!! Lol... more to come on that in my thread...

Code Red

Dec 11, 2011
boricua ss said:
cbus is doable for me... Only problem, my ss is back at the dealership with a possible blown tranny!!! Lol... More to come on that in my thread...

stop blowing up your truck!!!!!!

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Code Red said:
stop blowing up your truck!!!!!!

:crackup: I swear it wasn't my fault.. I am stock.. never touched the tranny, no servos, no stall, nothin... but weird thing is, as I'm drivin her to drop her off at the dealership, guess what.. she's hifting normal again!!!.. so now I'm thinkin its an electrical issue, maybe the MAF, etc... so we'll see

Code Red

Dec 11, 2011
Boricua SS said:
:crackup: I swear it wasn't my fault.. I am stock.. never touched the tranny, no servos, no stall, nothin... but weird thing is, as I'm drivin her to drop her off at the dealership, guess what.. she's hifting normal again!!!.. so now I'm thinkin its an electrical issue, maybe the MAF, etc... so we'll see

issue is between your steering wheel and seat :raspberry:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Code Red said:
issue is between your steering wheel and seat :raspberry:

True dat! :rotfl:

Code Red

Dec 11, 2011
Code Red said:
Hey guys, I'm setting up a meet in Columbus at the Quaker Steak by Polaris on August 11th around noon for the colorado/canyon guys, if you guys are interested.

I have 4 people interested so far from there.

Quaker Steak & Lube
8500 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH

I'll start a new thread for this with a sign up since it will already be going on.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
Are we going to Truckfest this year?
I might be able to make that.

From another thread...

Short Bus said:
We goto The Purple Indian in Mt. Gilead for Pizza.

We should make this happen too. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i was thinking about truckfest as we missed it last year.. or at least i did.. that one for sure i wont be participating lol... if i dont have my truck that is... I'll jot the dates down and keep it on my calendar...

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
We should make this happen too. :thumbsup:

How about Sunday 8/5 3:00PM? I think they open at 4:00. Have you ever been to the Purple Indian? It's a little hole in the wall place, but the pizza and subs are good. Parking should be OK for a small meet, but it's gravel.

Or we could do it in Oct/early Nov. to space the meets out a little.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
Have you ever been to the Purple Indian?
No, I have not.

Short Bus said:
How about Sunday 8/5 3:00PM?
I'll be somewhere between Carlisle and home.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
OK with all these ideas flying around now I had better be able to at least make it to one of these meets :crazy:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
No, I have not.

I'll be somewhere between Carlisle and home.

That's Carlisle weekend, OK we'll move that one back.

SEKOLAx216

Dec 8, 2011
Parma, Ohio
I'll be down in Cinci first weekend of august for Goettafest. :thumbsup:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
SEKOLAx216 said:

love me some goetta

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
SEKOLAx216 said:

I forgot about that...Need to attend! Goetta is a standard in my house. My area of growing up, it seemed everyone had a recipe and style for making it.

SEKOLAx216

Dec 8, 2011
Parma, Ohio
being a Clevelander i never knew what goetta was until i went to my cousins house in mt healthy. there's no turning back now!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
SEKOLAx216 said:

Interesting :undecided: , here in Kitchener we have 2 big festivals coming up, Kitchener Bluesfest in August and Oktoberfest in October. These are 2 awesome events if you like Blues and beers and Drindles and beers. These are definetly good times. Soooooo....I gotta ask what is Goettafest? More info please.

Maybe some Gmtnation folks wanna come to Kitchener to party? :cool:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Interesting :undecided: , here in Kitchener we have 2 big festivals coming up, Kitchener Bluesfest in August and Oktoberfest in October. These are 2 awesome events if you like Blues and beers and Drindles and beers. These are definetly good times. Soooooo....I gotta ask what is Goettafest? More info please.

Maybe some Gmtnation folks wanna come to Kitchener to party? :cool:

Goetta is a breakfast sausage of likely German-American origin that is popular in the greater Cincinnati area. It is primarily composed of ground meat (pork, or pork and beef) and steel-cut oats. Pronounced gétt-aa, ged-da or get-uh Americanized pronunciation, this dish probably originated with German settlers from the northwestern regions of Oldenburg, Hannover, and Westphalia who emigrated to the Cincinnati area in the 19th century. The word "Goetta" comes from the Low German word götte. However, some believe that goetta originated as a haggis substitute, brought to Ohio via Scots-Irish migrants by way of Kentucky.[1]

Goetta was originally a peasant dish, meant to stretch out servings of meat over several meals to conserve money.

The modern popularity of goetta in Cincinnati has led to it being called "Cincinnati Caviar". Glier's Goetta, the largest commercial producer of goetta, produces more than 1,000,000 lb (450 metric tons) annually, around 99% of which is consumed locally in greater Cincinnati.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher