Nexen ROADIAN HP ??

Harpo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Anyone have any experience with these tyres ,Nexen ROADIAN HP.
I am considering buying these or Hankook Ventus ST RH06, but i can get a really good deal on the Nexen tyres.
Nexen is not a common brand where i live, so it's hard to find anyone to ask about them.

I have looked at some tyre tests but i rather want some "real" experience of Grip,wear and road noise.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I actually like the nexen tires. Had a set on my caddi alante, and they handled awesome, low road noise, but poor winter traction. But they were sport tires, so thats to be expected. I think I remember a reveiw on tirerack saying they were good tires.

Rubberman

Dec 14, 2011
Onlinetires.com has the Nexxen 265/60-17 for $116 each

Harpo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
I will go with 265/50-20.

Rubberman

Dec 14, 2011
I think i will go with a set of these tires if they are still on sale next week. good reviews too.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
+1 on the hankook, they are made in korea. I had em long time ago. Ran a staggered setup. 295/45/20 in the rear. They gripped the road so well in dry and wet weather it was unbelievable. I never drove them in winter so couldnt tell if it good for the winter season.

HPIM0640.jpg

Harpo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
I know that the Hankooks probably are better, but the question is how much of a difference is it between them?, anyone who used them both?.

Wow, 295 thats wide. What kind of rim do you have, widht and offset. What do you have in front.

Do you have a pic from the side.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
That was a few years back. SS replica's made by factory reproductions, 20x8 and 20x10, ran a 265/50/20 up front. Mind you I was lowered 2/3 back then. Now I am back to regular height.

read the reviews on both tires and see what the price difference is. Then go from there.

HPIM0632.jpg

lynch55

Dec 14, 2011
:yes:I have these on my Trailblazer and really don't have anything negative to say about them. They were cheap at 300.00 bucks for the set, and when you're on a fixed income you try to find a bargain any way you can! I like the ride too which is a bonus!:thumbsup:

Harpo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
rmsg0040 said:
That was a few years back. SS replica's made by factory reproductions, 20x8 and 20x10, ran a 265/50/20 up front. Mind you I was lowered 2/3 back then. Now I am back to regular height.

read the reviews on both tires and see what the price difference is. Then go from there.

Thanks for that pic.

Do you remember the offset?

I got some used rims 9x20 25mm offset and i think i could fit a couple of 265/50-20 tires without any problems.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Harpo said:
Thanks for that pic.

Do you remember the offset?

I got some used rims 9x20 25mm offset and i think i could fit a couple of 265/50-20 tires without any problems.

275/45/r20 are the closest to stock tire size. That's what I have. Biased I guess

Harpo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
I want to fill out the wheelhouse as much as i can without hitting anything.
I cant go with spacers because these rims are already 2" further out than oem, and this setup get me a tire diameter of 30.5".

Harpo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Nope, nothing. But i am planning to get it level by bringing the front up a bit.

I dont really want a full lift kit because it makes it har to pull my long and low caravan and it is so freaking expensive to get lowered tow hook in this country if you want it approved.
The cost for a lowered and approved tow hook is about $1100:crazy:

Dont know if i could buy only the front kit from Mark or if i should build a small bolt on spacer to put on top of the front suspension.

I know that isnt ideal to do, but im not getting into any serious offroading anyway.

Problem is that i dont know how big to make it to level the truck out, there is some kind of ratio going on there, isnt it??.

Like if you make a spacer 1" it lifts the truck a little more(or is it less:undecided:)

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Cant remember the offset, you can contact factory reproductions and ask them. The guy is always willing to help. Dont think you should any problems with a 265/50/20 at stock height

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
My parents put on the HTs somewhere before 2010 and still have a pretty good ammount tread left. They ride quiet, as for grip they seem to be ok. I can do donuts pretty easy with these tires. Mostly cause its really really icy. I can't tell you a whole lot about the Tires cause I just bought it 3 weeks ago, and have rarely drivin it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher