New Wipe

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
It worked great in the commercial, so it must be good stuff

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
have seen it advertised.
thought about maybe trying it on my daughters jeep compass.
but in the commercials, and in the bonus pack, looks like you need gloves.
makes me wonder what kind of chemicical(s) are in it. :twocents:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
It does look "interesting"... that's for sure...

Seeing as how the models were wearing gloves as they applied it, is it safe to say that you shouldn't be putting it on the seats you actually plan on sitting on??!?! :duh:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
It may help with skid marks in the underware lol :biggrin: but I don't think I would use it compared to the other well known methods heat...paint etc...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Late night TV ads = guaranteed snake oil. Did you know that most of that sort of commercial pays a commission to be run, not a flat fee for the airtime? That's why you sometimes see them in prime time news shows and the like. If the network doesn't sell out the ad space to normal advertisers, they run a snake oil ad and can sometimes make more than a flat rate ad. All sales are tracked by distinctive phone numbers and/or the time they run. It's some local company IIRC that developed the tracking software.

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
I've seen it being run too and figured it was too good to be true. Especially 100 washes with painters tape isn't going to happen.

Would love to see my plastic pieces look that good again tho, everything I've tried doesn't last and looks like crap again in less than a week.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
ya know, GM was using a wipe in a pack to clean up and restore the plastic on avalanches after they saw how bad they were getting. We stocked it in the parts department for warranty work. And it worked exactly like that commercial.... SO... it probably is the same stuff and does work, at least for a while....

Wooluf1952

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Pretty much what I thought too. Just wondered if anyone had tried it. It'd be great if it worked, but as stated, I can't even see the painters tape lasting 100 washes.
The gloves, I just chalked up to keeping hands clean, but it could be harsh chemicals.
Oh well, on to the next miracle cure.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
its actually advertised during "regular" hours of televised commercials, etc... i record alot of shows on the Velocity channel and that stuff is all over the place in my recordings (overhaulin, american hot rod, wheeler dealers, chasing classic cars, meecum auctions, motor week,whats my car worth...)

i was actually thinking about making a thread about this as well as i just saw the commercial at 9am this morning before work lol... sucks that it doesnt work...

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Boricua SS said:
its actually advertised during "regular" hours of televised commercials, etc... i record alot of shows on the Velocity channel and that stuff is all over the place in my recordings (overhaulin, american hot rod, wheeler dealers, chasing classic cars, meecum auctions, motor week,whats my car worth...)

i was actually thinking about making a thread about this as well as i just saw the commercial at 9am this morning before work lol... sucks that it doesnt work...

Nobody said it doesn't work...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
McGMT said:
Nobody said it doesn't work...

well go ahead and buy it then and let us all know if it does or doesn't :raspberry::crackup:

i dont think anything ever "works" from infomercials on TV... my brother bought me that dog seat cover type thing and it's supposed to "protect your seats" etc... yea.... thats a big negative :rotfl: then my best friend bought that "Flex Seal".. total bogus claims on that thing as well... ah well... can;t blame people for trying...

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Boricua SS said:
well go ahead and buy it then and let us all know if it does or doesn't :raspberry::crackup:

i dont think anything ever "works" from infomercials on TV... my brother bought me that dog seat cover type thing and it's supposed to "protect your seats" etc... yea.... thats a big negative :rotfl: then my best friend bought that "Flex Seal".. total bogus claims on that thing as well... ah well... can;t blame people for trying...

Yes, 99.99% of the crap on TV is fake junk, but like my previous post says GM themselves used a very similar thing to cure the fading plastic problem back when they had the problem with the Avalanche. There was an aftermarket wipe in a pouch that they used for warranty and out of warranty work involving faded out plastic parts. It was exactly like this stuff appears to be. Most likely it has the same chemical makeup. So yes, most that stuff is snake oil, but seeing that there was such a thing not 8 years ago I would say this just might work, won't know until someone uses it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online