New wheels BFG Advantage T/A

Bow_Tied

Original poster
Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Just got some new rubber for the rig.
BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT 245/60/18
Even though it says “LT” in the name my shop says it’s not the heavy ply truck LT.

Not cheap. But I want top notch while towing 5k w/family on board. These replace the Continental Crosscontacts which were a decent performing 3 season tire but tended to wear faster than I thought tires of that price point should. Always had good luck with BFGs and these have a mail in rebate right now.

Anyone else run them?

Attachments

• 9F9F2D4F-B98E-412A-B807-892C7A520EF3.jpeg
    9F9F2D4F-B98E-412A-B807-892C7A520EF3.jpeg
    650.4 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I run BFG Commercial T/A on my Sierra 1500HD. Got a deal on them a couple of months ago from Discount Tire, and the 'old' Sierra had a set when I bought it, so I 'knew what I was getting into' with that tire (it's a 10-ply LRE)

I like them for what they are (a long-wearing highway tire built for sustained heavy loads) and feel safe with them. Not great in snow, but where I go with them, there isn't any snow...lol.

When these wear out, I'll have to select something else, as they're now discontinued.

As for yours...not a lot of reviews / miles on Tire Rack, but those that have them seem to love them. They're rated 2nd highest out of 31 in their 'category' on TR. I noticed that they have the 'snowflake in the mountain' symbol, so they should do great in snow.

My current Accord has Contis. I'm not too fond of them, and doubt I'd buy another set, for the $.

Reactions: Bow_Tied

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online