New West Coast GMT Owner

Dadwagon

Original poster
May 21, 2020
West coast
Hi I’ve just purchased a 04 Rainier with 130000mi on the clock at a pretty cheap rate. Haven’t had a GM vehicle in literally 20 years and am hoping for a great experience. The truck is awd with the 4.2. Excited to have memory seats and truck that fits me better as a tall person.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! Post up some pics as we are very visual here!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!! LOL

130k on a rainier is some good mileage. I personally dont care for the 4.2 (I got spoiled with a 5.3), but they are still good engines. Been looking for a 5.3 Rainier/9-7x with low miles for a while.

Do you know if its the AWD model?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Dadwagon

Original poster
May 21, 2020
West coast
Thank you all. Yes it is the AWD CXL/CXL Plus with the stock Bose radio, cashmere/cashmere metallic, with air suspension, rear air compressor, tow package, 3.72 gears with G80 locker (YESSSSSS), rear audio/HVAC controls, and the smoker package with unused cigarette lighter and ashcan found in the rear storage! There are some issues that need fixing: both sets of rear trunk struts are dead, one of the ECU grounds behind the battery was unplugged (!), the engine airbox wasn't assembled correctly and threw up a CEL, the oil pressure switch probably needs replacing, the HVAC blend door needs resetting as it doesn't blow to the face, and the Onstar dimming mirror has broken at the pivot point and probably needs replacement.
So far it's a nice big tank that cruises at 2k RPM at 65mph. I plan to fix all of the items I mentioned, use it as a weekend car trip wagon, and want to add a LED light bar behind the stock plastic grill.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher