New truck!

jfkmk

Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Today I say goodby to my 06 Envoy. It's been a great vehicle, and at nearly 12 years old, still looks new. Part of that is the low mileage (86k), and part of that is being a garage kept well maintained vehicle.

Last night I purchased a 2018 F-150 supercrew. I've been looking for a while, and I'm amazed at how quiet and smooth these trucks are. The dealer gave me what I wanted as a trade (yeah, I could have sold it on my own, but that can be a headache), and with the "X" plan, I only had to give up an arm instead of an arm and a leg.

As mentioned, the Envoy has been great, and we've towed a little camper all over the place. However, were looking for a slightly bigger camper, and didn't want to kill the Envoy.

This site has been great in helping me maintain my a Envoy. As we all know, there are a lot of little PIA things that go wrong with these vehicles. Because of the willingness of everyone here to help each other out, I've been able to diagnose and repair everything myself.

I'm an often-lurker, sometimes poster here. I'll continue to, as I really enjoy this forum. I hope to find a F-150 forum that's just as helpful!

Thanks, guys and gals!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
You bought a Ford? A FORD? :dielaugh: Keep your membership here...you'll be back!

Seriously, though...congrats. I know where you're coming from, wanting to tow heavy (or, heavier, at least). What engine did you get? Ford pushes the V6 EcoBoosts now, but I'm guessing you got a V8?

Good thing you saved the leg...you'll need it for walking! (sorry...couldn't resist!)

If you got what you wanted in the trade, then you got a good deal - and Ford's 'insider' / employee plans are pretty nice. We had them where I used to work.

Enjoy the new truck - and we'll be here for when you get nostalgic (or want to brag on your new F150 a bit) :thumbsup: Trading up to new, you'll be getting a lot of safety enhancements / convenience upgrades for towing, etc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher