New Trailblazer.. plans and what should I do.

Yohanoffroad5802

Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
Michigan
So. I jumped in today. Picked up a 2005 Trailblazer with 126k on it. stock. not abused. Next plan of action is a 2 inch leveling kit and PCM tune to hopefully pick up some hp and mpg. Anyone have experience with good tunes and results? 4.2L Inline 6. hoping to make the transmission a little better and pull harder. then an exhaust later. What is the biggest size tire I can fit without spacers with the 2 inch leveling kit and not rub fenders or ball joints? 260's? 255's? I'm not opposed to a wheel spacer just don't know what ones to get on stock rims. What do you all think? Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: paul2005tb

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
@Kelly@PCMofNC will take care of you. My tune is prolly the best mod on my rig and it has a few.

You should do a little research over on offroadtb.com for the tire sizing question. But you need to stay under 30.5 diameter unless you get the tires pushed out from under the ball joint via rims or spacers. @markmc is the spacer/adapter vendor we all go to for the most part.

Reactions: paul2005tb and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome!

@limequat (lime-swap.com) is the best IMHO for tunes on this platform and is much cheaper. Tons of experience with this engine so he knows his stuff.

And yes, a tune is the #1 mod on this platform.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I go the other way and say the extra years experience and customers gives PCMofNC the advantage in tunes, unless you just pinching pennies.

But there are lots of reviews on both around if you research the site and ORTb and plenty of old data on the site that shall not be named...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you do want to go with PCMofNC, wait for one of their holiday sales. XMas is coming :smile:

I've had both and I can't say either is better than the other.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
What is the biggest size tire I can fit without spacers with the 2 inch leveling kit and not rub fenders or ball joints?

You should do a little research over on offroadtb.com for the tire sizing question. But you need to stay under 30.5 diameter unless you get the tires pushed out from under the ball joint via rims or spacers.

:iagree: But, I'm running 265/65R17. If you want to run a slightly taller tyre, then a 245/70R17 will be it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online