New to the TrailBlazer family

BuzzCut

Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Hello!

I recently bought my fiancé's dad's 2006 Trailblazer EXT/LS. I m looking to get rid of the minivan look and lift it. It was actually photos of High-Votage's TB that took me to TrailVoy, and then brought me here.

This forum already seems a lot more user friendly and organized that the previous. Good work!

About the truck? It is dark blue with tan interior. Needs a lift, something done with either removing or adding more to the roof rack, updated/additional lighting, wheels and tires, window visors and a complete recover/reupholster of the tan interior and seats. New HD Black Denim will complete it all.

looking forward to learning about this style of vehicle and checking out your mods and creations.

Thanks for the great site!

-Buzz

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
BuzzCut said:
Hello!

I recently bought my fiancé's dad's 2006 Trailblazer EXT/LS. I m looking to get rid of the minivan look and lift it. It was actually photos of High-Votage's TB that took me to TrailVoy, and then brought me here.

This forum already seems a lot more user friendly and organized that the previous. Good work!

About the truck? It is dark blue with tan interior. Needs a lift, something done with either removing or adding more to the roof rack, updated/additional lighting, wheels and tires, window visors and a complete recover/reupholster of the tan interior and seats. New HD Black Denim will complete it all.

looking forward to learning about this style of vehicle and checking out your mods and creations.

Thanks for the great site!

-Buzz

Welcome to the nation buzz!

The ext's do look minivan-ish (i used to own one, I'm allowed to say it). I would say the first thing would be to add a light bar if you are trying to get away from it. I would NOT recommend removing the roof racks, as i personally think it make the thing look even more like a mini van, although some on here would disagree. Either way, if your the type that has a major mod bug, you've come to the right place!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Welcome aboard!:cool:

BuzzCut said:
updated/additional lighting

There's one EXT owner on here who took lighting to a whole new level. If there's anyone to get ideas from, he's the man.:yes:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
MAY03LT said:

There's one EXT owner on here who took lighting to a whole new level. If there's anyone to get ideas from, he's the man.:yes:

Haha, i wasnt even thinking interior. Yes, carlton is the man.

BuzzCut

Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
DDonnie said:
Welcome to the nation buzz!

if your the type that has a major mod bug, !

Thanks! And yes, I told my fiancé that if I bought this thing I would need to do lots of mods! Already have 3 pages on my wish list. Still looking for advice on the lift and wheel/tire set up. High Voltage has the look I want for ride height and stance.

already order 10 yards of fabric for recovering the interior plastic.

-Buzz

MAY03LT said:

whole new level? who is this man? i'm looking for LEDs on the in and out, Silverado HD marker lights and all things smoked.

-Buzz

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
That's what I said at first, lol

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Carolina_Jake

Jun 7, 2013
Hey everyone!! Just saying I'm really new at this forum and TB stuff but so far I'm hooked, got the bug, and can't stop.... Just sayin' :crazy::biggrin:

I'm installing TXBlazers LED Mirror turn-sigs right now.... 1230 saturday night party on my electrical table in the living room.... Oh and he hooked me up with a running light set of LEDs inside the same turn signal platform so im trying to find the right wiring to splice into for the running light

View attachment 29224

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 16

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Oh, yeah ... and over here, you don't have to bump an intro thread to get responses. :biggrin:

Over there, the admin might poke in once a week or so and respond to a token number of intro posts, but you know he's only doing it because he's being paid to make it *look* like there's a community there. No mods, no meets, no stickers, nothing but tumbleweeds and the archives (that we wrote and they bought).

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online