New to the Trailblazer/Envoy

Hammerdown

Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
I have been reading a lot of past threads on suspension lowering and haven't found an answer to one of my questions. From what I understand the SS front suspension uses the same parts as non-SS versions with the exception of the springs, if this is true, how come there isn't a problem with upper ball joint angle on the SS models. I really think I'm missing something. What's the answer?

Thanks,
Dick

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
I think the guy to ask about both SS suspension and Lowering if you can't find your answer in the threads would be Tony (Norcal SS).

Reactions: dmanns67

Hammerdown

Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
I've talked with Tony about new parts. I'm just looking for the difference in the front suspension pieces from non-SS to SS in stock form.

Dick

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Stock SS, as I understand it, isn't as lowered as the aftermarket parts (springs and shorter strut yoke) can accomplish. So the GM design team made the upper control arm just barely work at the SS height.

Hammerdown

Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
Thanks Bill

The only way I can lower my stock Envoy than is to put SS springs in front for a 1 inch drop and then lower the rear with Tony's 2 inch lower rear springs and shocks?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmaxdob

Members Online