New to GMT Nation

mkavanaugh4

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Hello all,

I'm new to your site and I have to start by saying I've learn a lot of techniques and tips so far. I have a 03 Trailblazer EXT LT that I’m beginning to customize, nothing crazy, just a little here and a little there. A friend of introduced me to Plasti Dip. I spent a little time researching it and it seemed like an interesting way to make some changes without it being permanent.

I started by removing the rear bumper cover and dipping the step pads and the under trim. Then, I removed the running boards (replacing with nerf bars eventually) and dipped the side under trims. Next, I removed the rear Trailblazer and Chevrolet emblems (thanks to whoever posted the tip about using fishing line) and cleaned off the leftover residue. I haven’t taken pictures yet but I will.

This morning I noticed a tear in the plasti dip on one of the step pads. I followed all of the directions and applied 4 coats. Did I miss something or do something wrong? This stuff was supposed to last 3 years, not 3 days. Any advice and/or help you could lend would be much appreciated.

I plan on doing the same to the grille, front under trim, and roof racks. The grille center bar is chrome, but I want to paint it to match the body color. If plasti dip isn’t the way to go, are there any other suggestions?

Thanks again and kudos to site designers.

Mike Kavanaugh

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome!

I suspect Plasti Dip isn't good for a step pad application.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation!

mkavanaugh4

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Finally got around to taking some pictures before work this morning.

Attachments

• TB2.jpg
    TB2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 3
  • TB4.jpg
    TB4.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Back1.jpg
    Back1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Back3.jpg
    Back3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Side2.jpg
    Side2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 3

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Plasti dip is good on places where it won't be touched much. On your side steps it def. tear from your shoes

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome to the site :tiphat:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.