New tie rod ends

02trailblazerLS

Original poster
Mar 3, 2020
windsor
Hey i ordered some tie rod ends for my trailblazer as mine are currently worn out, i got the NAPA auto parts tie rod ends. they Had multiple choises varying in prices but i went with the 110$ ones that are first design w 14mm thread. Im just wondering if any of you guys have had these before and if anybody has had issues with them. Im lookin to install the best parts possible. If anybody has any better recommendations for outer tie rod ends or any specific mods i should do please let me know. Thanks guys! - Ben

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You have to measure the size of the threads on the old tie-rods. Early versions had 14mm while the later ones had 16mm. Other than that, I have no knowledge of the quality of Napa parts.

Supposedly the best ones are the TTX by Mevotech. I have a full set of rods and BJ's and so far have been solid but haven't had them a year yet. Other members have raved about them and talk on the internet has been good.

Reactions: 02trailblazerLS

02trailblazerLS

Original poster
Mar 3, 2020
windsor
You have to measure the size of the threads on the old tie-rods. Early versions had 14mm while the later ones had 16mm. Other than that, I have no knowledge of the quality of Napa parts.

Supposedly the best ones are the TTX by Mevotech. I have a full set of rods and BJ's and so far have been solid but haven't had them a year yet. Other members have raved about them and talk on the internet has been good.
Ok the threads are 14mm, ill have to check out those mevotechs they sound pretty sweet.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
From what I can tell in RA's catalogue, they only have them for 16mm.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You have to measure the size of the threads on the old tie-rods. Early versions had 14mm while the later ones had 16mm.

Yes, you have to measure. But, my June 02 has 16mm. I think it was a crap shoot as to what they put on in the early years.

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Try to slip a 15mm wrench over the threads... if it fits, it's 14mm if it doesn't, it's 16mm...
I don't have calipers and don't trust my eyes to read mm off a tape.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

02trailblazerLS

Original poster
Mar 3, 2020
windsor
So i finally got trhe outer tie rod ends dealt with, there in now and the truck drives good again. 👍they said nothing about needing longer ones this time and honestly i will not be going back to that shop ever again. One of the managers literally told me the trailblazer is a unibody 😂😂☠️ So i asked em, “ well if its a unibody then you couldnt do body lifts right.” N he said “ yes thats correct” n So i replied “ oh well the trailblazer has a 2 inch body lift on right now and a 2 inch suspension lift.” and he started stuttering and had the audacity to tell me “ uh i dont think its got a body lift” and went on and tried to explain that its some weird like half unibody half body on frame type deal 😂 im pretty damn sure its 100% body on frame right??? Please someone correct me if i wrong because if thats the case then i will feel like an A-hole and i will need to apologize.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He might just be used to all the other grocery getters he gets in there. And that's not including the new TrailBlechzer which is 100% garbage unibody. Yeah, go to a real shop.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online