New Temperature Sensor acting funny

RedEnvoyDenali

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I just replaced my temperature sensor since it was reading a consistent 3 degrees Celsius high. I put the new in and it read 3 degrees (Radio says it is about 8 around here) and it stayed that way for about an hours worth of shopping. On the way home it started to move and went all the way up to 12 degrees. Does anyone know if it take a few cycles to adjust and settle down to read accurately. I'm thinking the BCM needs a few cycles to get back on track.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Are you talking about the ambient air temperature sensor? Or something else? (there's a few different sensors for different temps, but I'm not familiar with one that displays on the radio)

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Blckshdw said:
Are you talking about the ambient air temperature sensor? Or something else? (there's a few different sensors for different temps, but I'm not familiar with one that displays on the radio)

I think they where talking about the temperature from the weather person on the radio:raspberry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
blazinlow89 said:
I think they where talking about the temperature from the weather person on the radio:raspberry:

:duh: ...never even occurred to me :laugh:

RedEnvoyDenali

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sorry I was not very clear. :duh:

I replaced the temp sensor that reads outdoor ambient temps in front of the radiator. I was comparing the readout on the center consul to the reports of the local temps on the radio.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
The auto HVAC used in the SLT and the Denali trucks does not always read the exterior temp.

Without looking it up, I remember the following,
-the truck must sit for 2 hours or the display will show the temp when the truck was turned off.
- if the truck has not sat for at least 2 hours, you must hit a speed of 50 mph for the HVAC to reset; or, you must drive for 30 min for it to reset.

There is an over-ride, and it may be different for different years and models, on my '09, pushing the AC and the RECIR buttons together (for only a sec) will reset the temp.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online