New TB owner from Alabama

BlazinIdeas

Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
Hello, everyone. I recently purchased an 04 Trailblazer LS 4X4. I'm coming from a now-dead Isuzu Rodeo (hated it), and let me tell you, I am loving the Blazer. I have a lot of big plans for it! I'm loving this forum and the community.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hell hiya! :tiphat:

BlazinIdeas

Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
I'm located in the Hazel Green/Meridianville area. It's about ten minutes away from Huntsville.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Welcome!

Please post mileage and any maintenance you know of. These platforms will roll on quite awhile but need some minor TLC but are rewarding despite the ok fuel mileage.

BlazinIdeas

Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
gmcman said:
Welcome!

Please post mileage and any maintenance you know of. These platforms will roll on quite awhile but need some minor TLC but are rewarding despite the ok fuel mileage.

The body has 212k, but the motor and transmission have about 101k. I bought it Thursday for $2500 from a family friend as I found myself without a vehicle and I am about to start commuting to college. It is in fairly decent shape, albeit I will have to fix a few things but it runs smooth and is so much better than the previous vehicle I owned.

A couple hours after I bought it, I noticed the entire passenger side floor board was soaked. We panicked, thinking it was a busted heater core. Thankfully, after sifting through TrailVoy and GMTNation I found out about the AC Drain plug. Good save there.

Mounce said:
Dang, ~160 miles away from me. :frown:
I actually find myself in Tuscaloosa quite a bit. Not that bad of a drive.

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm in Northport if you're familiar with it.

Ps. In case you haven't figured it out already, trailvoy isn't very useful in its current state. Most of the good information left there is from the guys here back before the site got bought out and became an ad playground ran by a money hungry company that doesn't care about the wellbeing of the community. That's when this site was started and is ran as a non-profit site unlike TV.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the fray

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online