New style halo headlight

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
TrailBlazn420 said:
So I was poking around on ebay and I found these:

[EBAY]350587597927[/EBAY]

Does anyone have any experience with these? They look really sweet, I am just curious as to whether or not the entire halo flashes with the turn signal or not.

Any input?

Someone posted that ad a while back, the overwhelming sense was a big thumbs down. But you know what this means right? You can be the pioneer, and be the first to get em, then show them off at the meet in a couple months! :biggrin: :yes: :thumbsup:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
hrmm. Interesting.

I'd like to see what the signal light looks like. I can't seem to find a shot of it.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Eh. Looks ok. I just don't like the led "rings" around the projectors. Might look better in person

TrailBlazn420

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Someone posted that ad a while back, the overwhelming sense was a big thumbs down. But you know what this means right? You can be the pioneer, and be the first to get em, then show them off at the meet in a couple months! :biggrin: :yes: :thumbsup:

If I can save up enough before then to get these, it's going down. I like being different when it comes to my ride, and while not everyone is going to think they're cool, I know that I won't see another TB around here with those headlights! There are things about it I would do differently, but short of custom making my own headlights, this is practically exactly what I was looking for. If I get them and they look easy to take apart, I might make a few... alterations.:biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I would do regular halos myself, those are interesting thats for sure :yes:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I'd love to find out how or where I can get the components to "make" my own headlights... Customizing stuff I bought is starting to get tedious. :confused:

But these do look entertaining. I'd still love to see one "head on" to see that signal light of theirs. :undecided:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ok, i'll be the jerk of the thread :crackup:

those things look hideous to me... i tend to lean towards the original Halo's, if thats what theyre even called lol... those LED's look like square figure 8's :rotfl: but to each there own.. everyone has a unique taste for their vehicle...

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Boricua SS said:
ok, i'll be the jerk of the thread :crackup:

those things look hideous to me... i tend to lean towards the original Halo's, if thats what theyre even called lol... those LED's look like square figure 8's :rotfl: but to each there own.. everyone has a unique taste for their vehicle...

yes i was thinking the same thing im sorry but then again they aren't going on my tb

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I just wish I could find projector lights without any halo. I found a set for my Tahoe, but no one seems to make one for the Trailblazer. :frown:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
I just wish I could find projector lights without any halo. I found a set for my Tahoe, but no one seems to make one for the Trailblazer. :frown:

Cant you just disable the halos and not use them? Isn't it a extra wire that you have to hook up?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Cant you just disable the halos and not use them?
Sure. But even disabled you can tell they're in there. I suppose I could buy a set and open them to remove the halo. I just don't understand why every manufacturer of projector lights has to put halos in. :crazy:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Cause it's the "in thing" to do. :crazy:

The "halos" are hideous in these things - I don't even think them blocky angles complement the curves on the front of our rides...

I'm more interested in their LED setup. I looks a little more entertaining than the ANZO/knockoffs that I have/are out there. :cool:

OctaneRider03

Jul 31, 2012
I respect anyone who's willing to stand out with what they have and go the completely opposite direction than everybody else with it. I think they'd look cool, but that's me personally.

I got bashed pretty hard by other Marines I work with when looking into putting a brush guard on my TB. Believe me when I tell you I caught A LOT of criticism. But once I installed it, people would literally stop me at a red light and other random places and yell "Hey man! That looks sick! Where'd you get your guard from?!"

It's all user preference my friend. -Lee

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Well if the halo's were the proper shape of a Chevy BowTie they might look alright but that shape looks like a BowTie that Colonel Sanders wears around his neck! They may be appropriate for a KFC logo'd TB. There must be a reason why nobody has a pic of them installed. I wonder what shape halos that company makes for an Envoy....Olympic circles maybe.

Just my opinion, to each his own...

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I wonder what shape halos that company makes for an Envoy....Olympic circles maybe.

Olympic circles would still look goofy. :tongue: Just did a quick ebay search, only fog halos found. Looks like the Envoy's only get customized halos.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Well if the halo's were the proper shape of a Chevy BowTie they might look alright
I never thought of that. I still wouldn't buy them, but I agree that they would look better than these. :twocents:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
BO TIE SS said:

1) buy Morimoto Mini H1 projectors from theretrofitsource.com
2) Open stock headlights
3) insert projector
4) Seal headlights
5) wire 'em up
6) Done.

Pretty much anyway and better than any ebay projector. If I had done only the bixenon in the outer bucket that's what I would have done.

am-radio

Apr 24, 2012
Sparky said:
1) buy Morimoto Mini H1 projectors from theretrofitsource.com
2) Open stock headlights
3) insert projector
4) Seal headlights
5) wire 'em up
6) Done.

Pretty much anyway and better than any ebay projector. If I had done only the bixenon in the outer bucket that's what I would have done.

I agree. The H1's are awesome. Built a set of retro's for my accord. Love them. I want to do a set for the Envoy but haven't seen and projectors put in Envoy headlights.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
am-radio said:
I agree. The H1's are awesome. Built a set of retro's for my accord. Love them. I want to do a set for the Envoy but haven't seen and projectors put in Envoy headlights.

Here's 1 I found on TRS, they used to have a couple more Voy retrofit pics, but I can't find them anymore :frown:

attachment.php

Edit: Nevermind, found em :biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OctaneRider03

Jul 31, 2012
Blckshdw said:
Here's 1 I found on TRS, they used to have a couple more Voy retrofit pics, but I can't find them anymore :frown:

attachment.php

Edit: Nevermind, found em :biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Those look pretty sick. I won't lie.

Here's a question for you Trailblazer guys..

When the 06 models came out, the headlights for the TB's were one whole unit without interference from the grill's cross bars that overlapped the headlight units themselves.

Well out of curiousity one day I decided to look for halo's. I searched high and low and all areas in between. Turns out they never made a set of halo's for the newer TB's.

So, because this is the case, they DO make halo's for the 06 Envoy's. Those units are obviously one whole unit without any slots or "grooves" for Chevy's TB grill crossbars. Would it work?

Don't slam me down hard guys if I'm wrong. I've seen some responses to pioneer's before from people that lost sight of the question at hand and went into their own interpretation of how THEY think it needs to be done and I'm not asking for that. Just a bit of food for thought. -Lee

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
OctaneRider03 said:
Those look pretty sick. I won't lie.

Here's a question for you Trailblazer guys..

When the 06 models came out, the headlights for the TB's were one whole unit without interference from the grill's cross bars that overlapped the headlight units themselves.

Well out of curiousity one day I decided to look for halo's. I searched high and low and all areas in between. Turns out they never made a set of halo's for the newer TB's.

So, because this is the case, they DO make halo's for the 06 Envoy's. Those units are obviously one whole unit without any slots or "grooves" for Chevy's TB grill crossbars. Would it work?

Don't slam me down hard guys if I'm wrong. I've seen some responses to pioneer's before from people that lost sight of the question at hand and went into their own interpretation of how THEY think it needs to be done and I'm not asking for that. Just a bit of food for thought. -Lee

These pics are retrofits, gutting the stock headlights and replacing the insides with projectors and shrouds. Definitely not the off-the-shelf headlights that are the topic of this thread.

The TB and Voy lights have slight differences in the body lines, so they would not match up with the lines of the front end of the other truck.

OctaneRider03

Jul 31, 2012
Blckshdw said:
These pics are retrofits, gutting the stock headlights and replacing the insides with projectors and shrouds. Definitely not the off-the-shelf headlights that are the topic of this thread.

The TB and Voy lights have slight differences in the body lines, so they would not match up with the lines of the front end of the other truck.

I understand all that man, and believe me when I say that I'm aware that what I'm asking is slightly off topic, but at the same time still relevant in a way.

Thanks for your answer, I did notice the differences between the two but wasn't quite sure as to if anyone else has attempted anything of the sort. Modified or not. I'm looking for guidance on what possibilities I may have considering I have the newer style headlights. Thanks again. -Lee

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
The White envoys lights look nice, if it had clear corners it would be pretty sweet and much better, to me it would at least :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online