New Shipment of Goodies

xtitan1

Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Well I'm tired of paying other people to wash my TB if they aren't even going to do it right. I noticed my windshield was dirty so I bought some glass cleaner and microfiber towels and some rinse less wash while I was at it. After my first time using the stuff I was hooked!

I just got a huge order of stuff in. I probably went a little overboard I know.

In my defense the picture below is my entire arsenal with stuff I had gotten previously, not just from the last order only.

View attachment 28788

Highlights are a flex DA polisher with orange, white, and yellow high gloss pads, black fire shampoo compound polish and sealant, a ton of microfibers, and a lot of other odds and ends.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370844617.239613.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370844617.239613.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 81

xtitan1

Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Sorry meant red not yellow pad.

Also, I assume since I've never asked for paint correction before that I shouldn't have to worry about paint thickness right? (The thinking being the paint should be factory thickness since no one has cut it down before)

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
holy sheet mannnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!! Why don't you live close to me, so we can toss a few steaks on the grill, and spend all day on the trucks? lmao

that's a serious lot of cleaning supplies!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
You should have enough supplies to last a couple years! It would be nice to meet up with someone to do some detailing work!

06_GATOR_VOY

May 22, 2013
holy hell batman lol. looks like a good selection of stuff. i thought i was bad with buying car detailing products.

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
Wow man!! I have a mobile detailing business, I started it for the same reason. I kept hearing people complain about services they were paying for! Be careful with the flex da, if you have never used one you can do some damage. Make sure you get all the previous wax off before you start doing a paint correction. I highly recommend clay bar first!! PM me if you want any more tips! You got a nice line of products going on there!!

ChriSS K

Jan 3, 2012
Have you ever used a DA polisher before? I went from the PC to the flex 3401 and it does take some getting used to, but the flex is one of the best bangs for its buck. In terms of safety its REALLY safe to use. Because it still uses the DA action it possible to damage your paint, but you would have to try really hard. Any time you polish paint you always want to take the least aggressive approach. What kind of compound/polish did you get? Prep is key here you so after a good wash you MUST clay the truck. Have lots of microfiber towels and make sure to clean your pads if they load up early or else you'll just end up inducing swirls back into the clear. It terms of the paint thickness its tuff to say without using the gauge? Its always good practice to do a "test spot" first to see what combination of pad/product works the best for the paint you're working in. Remember some clear coats are "harder" than others. Most importantly HAVE FUN and take your time! A good correction on a TB could average 6-8+ hours.... Sorry for the rant here, but if there is anything I can help with just let me know.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I'm still rocking the PC. I really enjoy doing it. Definitely agree with chris CLAY!!! I do before any correction. Did you get and Meg's 105/205. I have tried a few and that's the winner. Start lurking autotopia those guys are nuts. That is where I learned everything before starting. All my knowledge came straight from them and actually getting out and doing it.

ChriSS K

Jan 3, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
I'm still rocking the PC. I really enjoy doing it. Definitely agree with chris CLAY!!! I do before any correction. Did you get and Meg's 105/205. I have tried a few and that's the winner. Start lurking autotopia those guys are nuts. That is where I learned everything before starting. All my knowledge came straight from them and actually getting out and doing it.

Agree with everything here and would add that one of the best overall polishes I've ever used is menzerna power finish. Its almost a one step polish, but since it cuts you do need to seal it. Megs does make some awesome stuff too.

xtitan1

Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
NinjuhhNutz said:
holy sheet mannnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!! Why don't you live close to me, so we can toss a few steaks on the grill, and spend all day on the trucks? lmao

that's a serious lot of cleaning supplies!

Haha we should have a meet like that. I think the autogeek guys are having a meet in NOVA if you're interested on the 29th: Northern Virginia team detail anyone? - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

dmanns67 said:
You should have enough supplies to last a couple years! It would be nice to meet up with someone to do some detailing work!

I'd be down, see above, I think I will be joining that meet: Northern Virginia team detail anyone? - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Charley12 said:
Wow man!! I have a mobile detailing business, I started it for the same reason. I kept hearing people complain about services they were paying for! Be careful with the flex da, if you have never used one you can do some damage. Make sure you get all the previous wax off before you start doing a paint correction. I highly recommend clay bar first!! PM me if you want any more tips! You got a nice line of products going on there!!

Roger that! I was worried about going with the FLEX over the PC but the guy at autogeek sales said it would be fine even though I'm a beginner. Note that this is the FLEX 3401 which is a forced rotation DA not a rotary. It's this one:
[video=youtube;EAmojb8XIuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmojb8XIuk[/video]
[video=youtube;Arn_kVH3BVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arn_kVH3BVc[/video]

I've done a lot of research about proper technique, but I've never actually done it before. I will definitely clay first, but I was wondering how you make sure to get all of the previous wax off?

ChriSS K said:
Have you ever used a DA polisher before? I went from the PC to the flex 3401 and it does take some getting used to, but the flex is one of the best bangs for its buck. In terms of safety its REALLY safe to use. Because it still uses the DA action it possible to damage your paint, but you would have to try really hard. Any time you polish paint you always want to take the least aggressive approach. What kind of compound/polish did you get? Prep is key here you so after a good wash you MUST clay the truck. Have lots of microfiber towels and make sure to clean your pads if they load up early or else you'll just end up inducing swirls back into the clear. It terms of the paint thickness its tuff to say without using the gauge? Its always good practice to do a "test spot" first to see what combination of pad/product works the best for the paint you're working in. Remember some clear coats are "harder" than others. Most importantly HAVE FUN and take your time! A good correction on a TB could average 6-8+ hours.... Sorry for the rant here, but if there is anything I can help with just let me know.

I've never used a polisher, DA or otherwise, before. I got this kit which has all Blackfire products, the compound is just called "BlackFire SRC Compound": BLACKFIRE FLEX Swirl Remover Kit

I've watched a lot of how-to's by Mike Phillips. I have a Nanoskin mitt which is supposed to allow you to clay and wash at the same time. Not sure if I trust it to get the job done though. Maybe I will use that, but then do a bag test to see if it worked and use traditional clay if it didn't.

I was thinking of doing the wash + clay + compound on Day 1, garage it, then do finishing polish + sealant on Day 2. Or should I try to do it all in one day?

STLtrailbSS said:

I've been reading the autogeek.net site. A lot of info there as well. I think they are actually like the same owners or something?

ChriSS K said:
Agree with everything here and would add that one of the best overall polishes I've ever used is menzerna power finish. Its almost a one step polish, but since it cuts you do need to seal it. Megs does make some awesome stuff too.

I'll make sure to post pictures here, let's see what kind of results I get with the Blackfire stuff they sent me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online