New set of 33's

wstuckey1

Last night around 2 am I finished the install of my body lift, getting me to a total of five inches of lift. I installed my set of 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson MTZ and with some trimming they fit pretty well. Does anyone know of any tall 360/370s in Michigan, I'm kinda thinking I might be the tallest, especially with the high roof line of the EXT. :laugh: but enough with the talking, picture time :woohoo:

Attachments

HARDTRAILZ

there are several on 35s and have been for years

OP
OP
wstuckey1

wstuckey1

I know about you and others on 35s, but in Michigan?

HARDTRAILZ

Yep. Most are not on here though.

I do like those wheels. I almost went bronze on the last set, but I let the wife pick what I got cause otherwise I prolly was not getting any.

paul2005tb

How much trimming did you do to get a fit with the 33/12.5. was there any metal trimming or was it all plastic liner?

SBUBandit

A few years ago there was a long wheel base TB here in Lapeer with at least a 12" lift for sale around the corner from my house. It was a beast. Wish I had gotten a picture of it.

OP
OP
wstuckey1

wstuckey1

How much trimming did you do to get a fit with the 33/12.5. was there any metal trimming or was it all plastic liner?
Just saw this, kinda late. Front bumper took a decent bit of plastic off but with my new bumper it’s nowhere close. Fender side I took a little bit of steel off. Not much at all tho, but it still rubs a little at one certain point. If I take an inch off her it wouldn’t rub at all unless I smacked a bump hard at just the right point.

A few years ago there was a long wheel base TB here in Lapeer with at least a 12" lift for sale around the corner from my house. It was a beast. Wish I had gotten a picture of it.
I’ve seen some SAS Tb’s on Craigslist and the such but not many. I’ve seen one Tb in the Byron area that looked to be 3+3 on 35’s.

paul2005tb

Well, I bought 32.7 in diameter tires and the tread is a hair less than 10in wide. I'll install them in a few months, hoping I don't have to trim metal but I'll do whatever I have to do to make it work.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Nice looking rims, @wstuckey1 ... match up beautifully w/ the truck. Gonna take a look and see if I can find a set in blue anodized (8-lug).

paul2005tb

Well, I finally got it done!.. This is a huge milestone for me. I have put 285/70/17 = 32.7in dia tires on (I think they measure closer to 32.5) . Because I dont have allot of time I had to break this up over a few years. The first thing was MarkMCs wheel spacers (1.5in) and suspension lift (3in).. Then it was the body lift and I had to find a way to keep my existing bumper plastic. Then I shopped for tires and went with a very inexpensive made in Thailand tire. They are MT but the rubber is so soft I cant even hear them on the highway. I guess that means they will be worn down to 32in within 4 years. Im very pleased. I have a 3.73 rear gear so I felt like I was pushing it with the 32.7s but I drive like an old lady so i dont expect to stress the transmisison. And of course I installed a transmission cooler. Here are the photos. Before you complain about the hillbilly look of the vehicle, realize that this is now my winter vehicle and I love driving it as much as my newer vehicles, maybe more !

Attachments

paul2005tb

A few more pics, well the vehicle is an entirely different ride now. I feel so much more comfortable, a softer ride, more air between me (and more importantly my oil and transmission pan) and the road. I have a new appreciation for our platform. Sometimes I start it up after it has been parked for more than two weeks and it starts up without cranking more than 1/2 a second. Then once it is running, I have to get close to the hood to hear that it is running. Nothing quite like it, looking forward to my TB dominating the winter snow of New England.

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Laruscetti