New set of 33's

wstuckey1

Last night around 2 am I finished the install of my body lift, getting me to a total of five inches of lift. I installed my set of 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson MTZ and with some trimming they fit pretty well. Does anyone know of any tall 360/370s in Michigan, I'm kinda thinking I might be the tallest, especially with the high roof line of the EXT. :laugh: but enough with the talking, picture time :woohoo:

Attachments

HARDTRAILZ

there are several on 35s and have been for years

OP
OP
wstuckey1

wstuckey1

I know about you and others on 35s, but in Michigan?

HARDTRAILZ

Yep. Most are not on here though.

I do like those wheels. I almost went bronze on the last set, but I let the wife pick what I got cause otherwise I prolly was not getting any.

paul2005tb

How much trimming did you do to get a fit with the 33/12.5. was there any metal trimming or was it all plastic liner?

SBUBandit

A few years ago there was a long wheel base TB here in Lapeer with at least a 12" lift for sale around the corner from my house. It was a beast. Wish I had gotten a picture of it.

OP
OP
wstuckey1

wstuckey1

How much trimming did you do to get a fit with the 33/12.5. was there any metal trimming or was it all plastic liner?
Just saw this, kinda late. Front bumper took a decent bit of plastic off but with my new bumper it’s nowhere close. Fender side I took a little bit of steel off. Not much at all tho, but it still rubs a little at one certain point. If I take an inch off her it wouldn’t rub at all unless I smacked a bump hard at just the right point.

A few years ago there was a long wheel base TB here in Lapeer with at least a 12" lift for sale around the corner from my house. It was a beast. Wish I had gotten a picture of it.
I’ve seen some SAS Tb’s on Craigslist and the such but not many. I’ve seen one Tb in the Byron area that looked to be 3+3 on 35’s.

paul2005tb

Well, I bought 32.7 in diameter tires and the tread is a hair less than 10in wide. I'll install them in a few months, hoping I don't have to trim metal but I'll do whatever I have to do to make it work.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Nice looking rims, @wstuckey1 ... match up beautifully w/ the truck. Gonna take a look and see if I can find a set in blue anodized (8-lug).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
icefield