NEED HELP New owner 2003 Trailblazer

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Ok new owner of a 2003 TrailBlazer 93k miles on it and pretty much clean. The only mods I see that where done is an JVC CD player. Whoever did the install might have changed the AC ducts or maybe knocked out a switch, I noticed when the air switch is changed to only blow out on the front vents, it doesn't. The air seems to blowing only in the bottom and top vents of the vehicle in the first 3 positions of the air switch. I am going to be switching the CD player for a double din touchscreen, soon, would like to know what I need to look for when I have this dash area out?

So I noticed the TrailBlazer is heavy, has anyone tried to lighten it? Just wanted to know

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, it is a truck so heavy goes hand in hand. You could use run-flats and get rid of the spare. That's pretty much it.

For the HVAC, sounds like a faulty actuator. Lots of posts and images about it. Any clicking when you start the truck? One thing you could try is removing the HVAC-B fuse for 30 seconds or so, put it back in and turn the key to RUN but don't start it until it completes its recalibration. If that doesn't fix it, then it's definitely a faulty actuator.

And welcome to the Nation! :tiphat:

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Ok the fuse trick didn't work, looks like I'll have to replace the actuator.

So I have an appointment with the Chevy dealer after I received this, the SES light was on and I took it Autozone and honey have me a code of PO440 - EVAP System No Flow During Purge? Guy said I had a air leak but I couldn't find anything hoses leaking air.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 12

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
check the gas cap, if the gasket is brittle/cracked you need a new one. that's the cheapest place to start.The p0440 means there is a leak in the evap system somewhere and it isn't holding pressure.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ask the dealer to check if it's covered but the extended warranty for the fracturing of the tank's inlet for EXT's.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Ok here's an update and this all started with a stall issue, where the trailblazer would stop when I gave it gas...Autozone gave me a code of P0440 and I checked the hoses and they seemed fine and did so much work to fix what could have caused the issue and it still stalling, less but its still doing it.

Plugs changed (Ac Delco recommended)
Throttle Body cleaned
Ign switch changed
Fuel Filter changed
Cleaned up wiring that was hacked from stereo install
New Battery

Dealer will be fixing the tank filler leak for free but they haven't do it since they are back ordered on part, they stated this would not be causing the stalling.
I have done all the recommended tricks you guys have told me to check on it.

Its driving me nuts, its running great with all the work that was done to it. But sometimes when I give it gas it wants to stall, parents drove it to the grocery store and it died on them, started quickly back up but it died on them.

Last edited:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Did you clean both sides of the throttle plate and get all of the edges? Gotta completely remove it to do it justice.

If so, then just give it some time and see if it sorts itself out as the pcm learns the conditions.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Did you clean both sides of the throttle plate and get all of the edges? Gotta completely remove it to do it justice.

If so, then just give it some time and see if it sorts itself out as the pcm learns the conditions.

I took the throttle body out and cleaned the hell out of that thing, this was 3 weeks ago. I know it doesn't take that long to reset the Computer. I think the TrailBlazer is good looking SUV and its easy to work on, but reading too many quirks it has

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.