new mudflaps

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Hello everyone i just wanted to put up a some pic's of my new mudflaps.

Here's the truck with no flaps

View attachment 17846
Here's with the drives side flap on
View attachment 17847
With the passengers side i had to do some trimming because of the res so here's what i did.
View attachment 17848
View attachment 17849
View attachment 17850
So what i did was measured the spot i had to cut and then when i cut it i heated it up and flattened it with the but of the screwdriver. with that part flattened it cover all of the threads in the rubber so it wont fall apart.
Here's it with the new flaps on the truck.
[/B]

View attachment 17851

Attachments

• cals cam 190.jpg
    cals cam 190.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 13
  • cals cam 191.jpg
    cals cam 191.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 9
  • cals cam 192.jpg
    cals cam 192.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 8
  • cals cam 193.jpg
    cals cam 193.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 8
  • cals cam 194.jpg
    cals cam 194.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 9
  • cals cam 195.jpg
    cals cam 195.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 9

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Looks good.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I have the same flaps coming, but I don't have a resonator to worry about :raspberry:

[EBAY]320811336392[/EBAY]

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
looks good... anyway to match the bowtie to the color of the truck? or the trim pieces?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
What is this resonator you speak of? LOL

Looks good!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:crackup: Aww man, you're supposed to cut the resonator, NOT the mudflaps!!! :nono:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:crackup: Aww man, you're supposed to cut the resonator, NOT the mudflaps!!! :nono:

:iagree: Now when you remove the resonator you need to replace the mud flap.

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Very true but that wont be for awhile unless i find some one to do my res delete for free with a new tail pipe be cause i wont do the delete unless i have a new pipe to replace it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It won't hurt anything to run with no pipe back there for a lil while. Mine's been that way for a few months now. :twocents:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Dude no ! Resonator comes off first or if I may call it the trash can lol! That was the first mod I ever did lol!

I was going to get the same flaps but decided to look locally here first and see what I can find! Thanks for sharing!

Ps: what winter tires u running? Not that it matters in my area, most we get in saudi is rain (sometimes)

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I like them but they look way too low to the ground to be practical IMO. I had put the same ones on my Rainier minus the Chevy but every time I pulled in or backed out of the driveway they scraped or more over were jammed upwards loudly from the few inch curb/hump. I kept them low for the summer to stop as many rocks from hitting my boat but moved them up for the winter to a more practical/no scrape level. The resonator was never a problem for me even though they were really close to it, there were no spots that touched or melted. Really here in MN in the winter, the fronts are way more important than the rears for the cleanliness of your own car. Until I added the fronts, the car would get dirty right away after a wash and now the combo of the front flaps and the runningboards (that it always had) and nothing splashes up from my own tires. I have just fronts on the 9-7 and they are installed as low as possible given their length but still spray from the tires goes under them and along the rear door from under the car. I really need boards on the 9-7 too.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Glad i dont live in a state that requires mudflaps.

They do look a bit low, but I like the emblem on them.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Yes and when they are low the tend to really flap in the wind too much. On my 9-7, I put the front flaps on and out from the fender to completely cover the width of the tire but because they are only attached by the single factory screw that connects the fender liner to the fender they vibrate over 30mph. I've got to figure out how to correct that since the vibrating will surely go through the paint. I like the oem, contoured ones but you have to be willing to drill some holes to use them.

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
i will take pic's for you but i used more then one screw i used 4 i think to hold them on. i like them this low they look good IMO but the main reason is i want to put a 3" lift on it one day and i have never had problems with them dragging or scraping on any thing. WINK no they would not help much maybe just a little but not a lot.

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Short Bus said:
I have the same flaps coming, but I don't have a resonator to worry about :raspberry:

[EBAY]320811336392[/EBAY]

Are the flaps you are getting the big ones like i have put on the rear of my truck or are they the small ones like the ones im going to put on the front of my truck??? i think there the smaller ones.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
fadyasha said:
Dude no ! Resonator comes off first or if I may call it the trash can lol! That was the first mod I ever did lol!
Ps: what winter tires u running? Not that it matters in my area, most we get in saudi is rain (sometimes)

Ha Ha, don't need to cut it off on the v8, since both mine (v8's) sound awesome, one slightly lower tone than the other.

bigytwotone said:
i will take pic's for you but i used more then one screw i used 4 i think to hold them on. i like them this low they look good IMO but the main reason is i want to put a 3" lift on it one day and i have never had problems with them dragging or scraping on any thing. WINK no they would not help much maybe just a little but not a lot.

I'd be interested in seeing how you put them on. All my mudflaps are intended to be temporary until I can get something nicer. I actually use a Rocktamer on the Rainer in the summer when I tow to protect the boat hull beyond what the mudflaps can do. All my mudflaps are like $7 per set with the smaller ones in the front and the bigger ones in the rear and just plain black but I needed a quick solution for both 360's. I've actually driven behind my wife's Rainier with the mud flaps when they were on too low and they look screwy and get blown around from haning down so much past the support of the truck.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I got my mudflaps today, here's the pics requested in the ebay thread

0110121652b.jpg

0110121651c.jpg

0110121651b.jpg

0110121652a.jpg

0110121652.jpg

0110121651d.jpg

0110121651.jpg

bigytwotone said:
Are the flaps you are getting the big ones like i have put on the rear of my truck or are they the small ones like the ones im going to put on the front of my truck??? i think there the smaller ones.

Ya, I think I have the smaller ones. Mine are 9X15.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
heeeeey!!!.. i see you added the "TrailBlazer" & "GM" emblems on the doors... nice touch...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
heeeeey!!!.. i see you added the "TrailBlazer" & "GM" emblems on the doors... nice touch...

Yeah thats sweet :thumbsup:

To the OP nice husky laser etched Black tool set also and nice mudflaps lol

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
STLtrailbSS said:
Yeah thats sweet :thumbsup:

To the OP nice husky laser etched Black tool set also and nice mudflaps lol

hehehe thanks and for the husky etched black tool set i don't have one. the big tool set is a black Stanly and the little one is a lube x specialty set

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:

I know you saw that at the C-bus meet, you even pointed it out to someone.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Short Bus said:
I know you saw that at the C-bus meet, you even pointed it out to someone.

:undecided: Did you guys have jars of apple pie (the drink for those who don't know...) at this meet? :poke:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
bigytwotone said:
so i got a photo for you all.
so on the drivers side i put only three screws but on the passengers side i put four. the fourth one will go above the stock wheel well screw.
View attachment 2709

Ok looks good. You drilled throught the metal then?

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
bigytwotone said:
what metal???? its plastic:confused:

The edge of the fender that the single oem screw, screws into not the fender liner.

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
so here's a video of the flaps
[video=youtube;eJHsvcCV_4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJHsvcCV_4A&feature=youtu.be[/video]
it took a lot to pull them back that far so i think that they hold the spot good.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: Did you guys have jars of apple pie (the drink for those who don't know...) at this meet? :poke:

No, That has 1 of the few OH meets that Matt missed :frown:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online