FEEDBACK New Member Introductions

Should new members atleast introduce themselves?

• Total voters

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Hi guys,

I have noticed that almost everyday we get at least two or three new members who sign up on the site. Not that that's a problem, the more the merrier but many of these members just sign up and don't really interact with the community. I would like to suggest that at least when they sign up they should at the very very least introduce themselves in the member introduction page, so that at least we know who they are.

Not sure how you guys would like to implement this, maybe an email when they sign up with a link to introduce themselves in the introductions page, or make it part of the sign up process.

Let's talk

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hi guys,

I have noticed that almost everyday we get at least two or three new members who sign up on the site. Not that that's a problem, the more the merrier but many of these members just sign up and don't really interact with the community. I would like to suggest that at least when they sign up they should at the very very least introduce themselves in the member introduction page, so that at least we know who they are.

Not sure how you guys would like to implement this, maybe an email when they sign up with a link to introduce themselves in the introductions page, or make it part of the sign up process.

Let's talk
In my opinion it's not necessary for all new members to have to introduce themselves. It's uncommon for most of the new members to be highly active on the forum. Most only come here to browse the forum for info on an issue they're having and go about researching without even posting. Or maybe just open up one thread about their issue if they cannot gather all the info they need by browsing. Only a few people come to my head that were new members the past few months and have been active daily/weekly/monthly.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
In my opinion it's not necessary for all new members to have to introduce themselves. It's uncommon for most of the new members to be highly active on the forum. Most only come here to browse the forum for info on an issue they're having and go about researching without even posting. Or maybe just open up one thread about their issue if they cannot gather all the info they need by browsing. Only a few people come to my head that were new members the past few months and have been active daily/weekly/monthly.

I agree with the use case of most new members, but I mean entering a strangers house without introducing yourself would be considered rude. I know it's not the same case for a website but at least it maybe able to increase interaction on the site. As I said its an open discussion :biggrin:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm all for members interacting more too, trust me. I wouldn't be a Gold Supporter if I didn't care about the forum's welfare and great community, but I realize most people on here aren't like us regulars who frequent the forum daily or almost daily.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sadly, the vast majority of new members come in only to post their problem and after getting their answer, we never hear from them again. You know which ones really want to participate when they first introduce themselves.

I blame Facebook.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Hi guys,

Let's talk
Hey aren't you new? er?

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Sadly, the vast majority of new members come in only to post their problem and after getting their answer, we never hear from them again. You know which ones really want to participate when they first introduce themselves.

I blame Facebook.
Facebook really is a big issue, it's affected the forum traffic :no:

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Hey aren't you new? er?

Hahaha :rotfl:. You're not new as soon as you've got you're build thread :biggrin:

Facebook really is a big issue, it's affected the forum traffic :no:

Yeah, I did check it out for a while, but tbh it really isn't the same as using this site.

Reactions: Tiggerr and Capote

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Hahaha :rotfl:. You're not new as soon as you've got you're build thread :biggrin:

Yeah, I did check it out for a while, but tbh it really isn't the same as using this site.
Then I must be new... I don't have a build thread here.. :tongue:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online