New Member Exhaust Opinion

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Hello, I just got a 2006 Trailblazer LS 4x4 with the I6, I am planning on getting an exhaust, and was wondering what your opinions are, I am deciding between the Gibson (stainless) or the JBA

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
I didn't care for either of them. If I were to do it, I would have something custom made up with a nice magnaflow muffler. I have always gone this route wit past exhausts.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yacdogg said:
Hello, I just got a 2006 Trailblazer LS 4x4 with the I6, I am planning on getting an exhaust, and was wondering what your opinions are, I am deciding between the Gibson (stainless) or the JBA

welcome from a fellow Ohioan...

what are you trying to accomplish with your exhaust? you have an I6... so i hope youre not going for sound or performance... if thats the case.. just save your money, chop off the resonator, and substitute your stock muffler for a magnaflow, or something of the same sort..

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome to The Nation bro, Heard good things about Gibson if u wanna go that route but try the res delete with the tip 1st and if you dont like it then purchase the Gib

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Gibson all the way.. JBA sounds like a Ricer...

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
If I would go the res delete route, with magnaflow muffler, what muffler would I need (what size is our system, 2.5" ?) may do aftermarket muffler/tip like you all are suggesting.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
IIRC It's 2.75", so if you get 3" the shop can make it work.

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
I think i'm going to get 3" magnaflow muffler, and 3" magnaflow tip, should I get the round or oval muffler, or does it even matter ? will any 3" in/out work ? (I may even go with Borla muffller and tip) and recommendations on mufflers and tips, either magnaflow or borla ?

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Nevermind about my last post, I just ordered a Gibson Stainless (615599) system. Got it on amazon, $390 shipped

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
TexazReece said:

and/or a Video... a cardinal rule for this site.. pix or it didnt happen!!!! :readrules::crackup:

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Boricua SS said:
and/or a Video... a cardinal rule for this site.. pix or it didnt happen!!!! :readrules::crackup:
Sounds good, it was dark by the time I got done running around, so I'll definitley get pics, and video up tomorrow by tomorrow night, (they'll be up by midnight tomorrow)

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
TexazReece said:
Got the vid and pics yet :biggrin:
Sorry, been working doubles lately, and haven't had time to get them. I will be off early saturday, so I will get them saturday. btw, how do I post videos ? do I have to upload them on youtube or something, then post them here with link ?

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Here is the video of what my exhaust sounds like, Gibson Swept-Side Stainless Steel, part #615599, it was taken with cell phone, and it was right under rear of car when it was taken. [video=youtube_share;Fi8vWURHT64]http://youtu.be/Fi8vWURHT64[/video]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.