FEEDBACK NEW LOGO??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Just curious on what you guys thought about this for a logo? Maybe on some decals to represent the nation? I have been getting tired of looking at my banner decal, but still want to represent the best gmt360/370 forum on the web, so i came up with this..

GMTN1.jpg

Reactions: Wrenchhead89

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I like it but yeah I think it may be too close to theirs. We don't want to appear to be connected or "stealing" anything. :/

Reactions: Mounce

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
What other design choices do you have? Lets see what other ideas are out there.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hate to see it be so platform specific even though it is the one that this forum started with basically

Reactions: djthumper

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This is probably too complicated to work but... Perhaps One Representative of Each Flavor of *GMT360s.... Parked on a Black Top Parking Lot in a Semi-Circle and Photographed from an Elevated Position... to catch them ALL in their Glory...? Hmmm? ...Nahhh...!

Courtesy @HARDTRAILZ

* ...and all the other GM Trucks that concern the Members as well

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
How about more than gmt360s since we are trying to appeal to more than just that?

Reactions: mrrsm and djthumper

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
okay instead of logo.. maybe i should have put decal design as that is really what i was going for i guess since i just want to change what my gmtn decals look like on my ride... is there anything against different decal designs? Maybe find one for each platform and rock that on our vehicles? but keep the site logo the same since its generic?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
'GMT Nation' Tucked inside of a Cool Outline of the Good Old USA....?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
okay instead of logo.. maybe i should have put decal design as that is really what i was going for i guess since i just want to change what my gmtn decals look like on my ride... is there anything against different decal designs? Maybe find one for each platform and rock that on our vehicles? but keep the site logo the same since its generic?

Anyone can make any decal they want. The current decals being distributed are not the originals, but a design someone did. Have anything you want made and rock it!

And ignore our Canadian and other foreign members? Seems rude

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
MRRSM said:

(@HARDTRAILZ )

DAMMIT... Sorry Gents...I am seriously RETARDED... Or perhaps I can rescue the notion by suggesting the World Globe instead?

Last edited:
Reactions: smt 59

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We spent a good deal of time and effort to design something that encompassed everyone and everything. Not that it can't be changed or modified to someone's liking, but it was not just a random---let's use this. There are a bunch of variables that went/still go into it.

i am all for custom and am intrigued to see what people come up with for themselves, but I think the site-wide stuff is pretty nicely done.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Doesn't look anything like those SS guys now. :cool:

:rotfl:

This is probably too complicated to work but... Perhaps One Representative of Each Flavor of *GMT360s.... Parked on a Black Top Parking Lot in a Semi-Circle and Photographed from an Elevated Position... to catch them ALL in their Glory...? Hmmm? ...Nahhh...!

Courtesy @HARDTRAILZ

* ...and all the other GM Trucks that concern the Members as well

This needs to be a simple decal, what you are talking about would require printing stickers. This endeavor would be very expensive, and I personally don't want something that elaborate on my truck.

We spent a good deal of time and effort to design something that encompassed everyone and everything. Not that it can't be changed or modified to someone's liking, but it was not just a random---let's use this. There are a bunch of variables that went/still go into it.

i am all for custom and am intrigued to see what people come up with for themselves, but I think the site-wide stuff is pretty nicely done.

:iagree: Couldn't agree more, it is fine the way it is.

GeoGoGo

Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
I agree with BlazingTrails. I would not be interested in something so elaborate. That is why I love Matt's design. It is sleek, clean, and simple.

Matt, there are freakin' awesome! How much and where can I send my money?

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Anyone can make any decal they want. The current decals being distributed are not the originals, but a design someone did. Have anything you want made and rock it!

Thanks Kyle, I was curious of the mod's thoughts on custom decals is all, I didnt know if I needed approval to make some custom decals, or if we had to stick with just the current decal design.

And I do agree about the site stuff being nicely done, and understand that we need to cater to all gmt's so the site logos are generic and don't apply to just one platform.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
I like the TrailVoy logo...maybe I can whip something up in CS6....

smt 59

MRRSM said:

(@HARDTRAILZ )

DAMMIT... Sorry Gents...I am seriously RETARDED... Or perhaps I can rescue the notion by suggesting the World Globe instead?
Trail/Voys without borders. I agree.

GeoGoGo

Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Wait a minute! These are available for sale? I thought it was still in R&D. I want one! Where do I send my money?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I'm lost in the sauce and can't ketchup. Who,what, where and when did any one else but @BlazingTrails start offering decals. Look I'm not going to knock anyones hustle but keep in mind the site needs our help to keep it a float. So please donate from your profits.

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
I'm lost in the sauce and can't ketchup. Who,what, where and when did any one else but @BlazingTrails start offering decals. Look I'm not going to knock anyones hustle but keep in mind the site needs our help to keep it a float. So please donate from your profits.

The vendor who is making the decals, is who @BlazingTrails got his supply from, so there is no one new.. @High Voltage. Is the one making them.. They are available in white, are 9" long, and are $10 for 2 decals. You can send him a pm, but not for sure how often he gets on here still, so if you don't get a reply let me know and I will have him check his msgs on here..

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
The vendor who is making the decals, is who @BlazingTrails got his supply from, so there is no one new.. @High Voltage. Is the one making them.. They are available in white, are 9" long, and are $10 for 2 decals. You can send him a pm, but not for sure how often he gets on here still, so if you don't get a reply let me know and I will have him check his msgs on here..

You are wrong, I've not received anything from high voltage including the decals he promised over a year ago.

I'm not sure why just yet, but I am pretty pissed off about this. I'm trying to give away decals, and matt comes along and you guys start throwing money. Fk it

Reactions: xavierny25

swede

Jun 22, 2014
I'm not sure why just yet, but I am pretty pissed off about this. I'm trying to give away decals, and matt comes along and you guys start throwing money. Fk it

:popcorn:

Reactions: Sib

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That's highly unoriginal..... You know how many times I see site's banners or business cards have that kind of SUV outline going on above their website address....? There's nothing wrong with the current one that we have.

Reactions: smt 59 and swede

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
You are wrong, I've not received anything from high voltage including the decals he promised over a year ago.

My bad man, I didn't realize u didn't get the decals. I honestly have no clue what has went on, but when i messaged Jeff about this decal he had said his machine was just fixed, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.. I just brought up this design to him, and he said he would make up some white ones and gave me the info to pass along. So I'm just the messenger..

That's highly unoriginal..... You know how many times I see site's banners or business cards have that kind of SUV outline going on above their website address....? There's nothing wrong with the current one that we have.

Okay well then keep with the current one, be orginal.. I'm fine with the one I made up, sure it may not be original, but oh well.. I wanted something different on mine, you can do your ride's decals how ever u want.. That's the great thing about having our own rides and living where we do, we can customize how ever the hell we want to.. So u do yours, and I will do mine..:tiphat:

Last edited:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
My bad man, I didn't realize u didn't get the decals. I honestly have no clue what has went on, but when i messaged Jeff about this decal he had said his machine was just fixed, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.. I just brought up this design to him, and he said he would make up some white ones and gave me the info to pass along. So I'm just the messenger..

You're not the messenger, you're the facilitator. Big difference. You've lost all of my respect, as well as anybody that purchases the decal. Furthermore someone besides the site is profiting from this.

I've been distributing decals to help the site and the members and Xavier had been making them on his dime. I guess that doesn't fkng matter.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Before you guys blow up on each other.

Did I miss something here?

Is someone selling decals for the site with other logos?

Before any of that can happen that should be approved by the admins/mods of the site, OK? Don't sell site-branded stuff (official or custom logo or not) unless approved by the admin team.

If you want to make your own decal for your personal use advertising the site with a different picture or whatever, that is fine from what I understand.

As mentioned, the decals by Xavier that BT distributes have been approved by the team a while ago. I honestly don't know if there is any charge for that or not (it would make sense there is to at least cover materials/time).

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Before you guys blow up on each other.

Did I miss something here?

Is someone selling decals for the site with other logos?

Before any of that can happen that should be approved by the admins/mods of the site, OK? Don't sell site-branded stuff (official or custom logo or not) unless approved by the admin team.

If you want to make your own decal for your personal use advertising the site with a different picture or whatever, that is fine from what I understand.

As mentioned, the decals by Xavier that BT distributes have been approved by the team a while ago. I honestly don't know if there is any charge for that or not (it would make sense there is to at least cover materials/time).

Alright Well.. I will have a set made for me as it's my personal vehicle and I'm not profiting off of anything.. And Jeff will just be done making the decals period then.. Done and ended.. Admin can lock the post..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online