New HU on the way, couple of questions.

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
I just purchased this headunit and I have a couple of questions.

Amazon.com: JVC KD-R730BT AM/FM/CD/MP3/BT receiver: Car Electronics

1. Does anybody know a good place to run the bluetooth mic?
2. What is a good place to ground the amp for my subs in the rear end? I have a 2004 TB ext LS.

For the ground, I really don't want to drill through the floor to tap into the frame, so I'm looking for other suggestions. The amp I'm using is about 500w rms.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I used 1 of the bolts for the 3rd row seat for a ground.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
A seat bolt will work there are also some grounds under the body panels in the cargo area. As far as your Mic I would suggest the drivers A pillar seems to get the best clarity

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
I have an envoy xl and my ground is the same as stated above, my mic is ran up the a piller and under the headliner to the overhead console i hooked it onto the end of it with the visor clip iv found that the actual a pillar on my customers rides they get alotta wind noise when driving and talking on the BT

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
I have the my bluetooth mic mounted on the over head console, some people mount it on the a-pillar trim, but then you have to worry about wind noise if you have the window down.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea, the A-pillers cause a lot of wind noise, well not cause, but with the window down, its terrible on the other end... and i have my amps grounded to my seat bolt as well...

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
So, run it up the a pillar, across the windshield, and bring it out near the memo recorder?

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
dcmtnbkr said:
So, run it up the a pillar, across the windshield, and bring it out near the memo recorder?

Correct i hqve the one with the sunglass holder built in plus a larger seperate behind it i have it mounted on the back of the front overhead console inbetween those 2 overheads

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
dcmtnbkr said:
For the ground, I really don't want to drill through the floor to tap into the frame...

But drilling stuff is fun!!! Plus as you probably know GM was nice enough to give us plenty of 1/4" holes just for grounding aftermarket equipment.

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
ghenny440 said:
Correct i hqve the one with the sunglass holder built in plus a larger seperate behind it i have it mounted on the back of the front overhead console inbetween those 2 overheads

Should the mic cable be long enough to reach this or do you think i'll need an extension?

jdoorn14

Mar 24, 2012
I have mine mounted to the steering column with double sided tape and pointed up toward my face. It is threaded around the column such that the wire goes under the rubber boot and then over to the HU behind the dash panel. I found it is relatively open back there, with few moveable parts as long as you allow enough slack so the cord doesn't pinch, get caught in anything related to steering.

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
So i mounted the mic right on top of the dash behind the steering wheel and I got an awesome factory ground underneath the plastic panel on the passenger side in the back. (opposite the jack) Thanks for the help guys!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online