New headlights need some adjustment.

LouisTB

Original poster
Apr 12, 2016
Tampa, FL
So as the title states, I bought new headlight assemblies and installed them. Well i was out putting stuff in my car for work and noticed the alignment is way off. The left is relatively fine, but the right is pointing way down. I know you can aim headlights with a wall and a flat surface but my question is could I do it in my driveway which has a small incline?

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
If one is good, just get down on your knees in front of the truck with the headlights on. Lower your head until you reach the point where they are brightest. Adjust the other until they match. Quick, easy, accurate and old school.

I originally used a wall 25 feet away to adjust them both, so I know they are good. I just get down on my knees to get them to match of one goes out -usually because one of the adjustment gears fell off - or to adjust my fog lights so they shine lower than the headlights. (Fog lights are NOT bubba running lights.)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Search YouTube for ChrisFix and his headlight adjustment video. Very good and easy to do. I'd link it but I'm at work and can't access YT.

barn9

May 20, 2014
Kansas
I changed mine out and did a pre-align on my garage door (my driveway is level and flat), then drove out to a rural road (early, before sunrise) and fine tuned them to where I liked them, checking both high and low beams. Drove on several roads to check them after that and was happy with the outcome. Adding this because in my opinion you just don't get the whole picture using a wall, etc.

Lckent48

Dec 4, 2011
If the aim is way off from where it was before, suggest you make sure the headlight assembly is fully seated and the pushdown clamps are fully down before adjusting. I've noticed that the pushdowns can be almost fully down even if the assembly is not fully seated.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online