New front end Idea...

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
Someone tell me why this wouldn't work?

remove all the front end junk, grille, headlight housings, and just run the front bumper up to the hood... some HIDs and balistic glass headlight cover, LED lights... there's enough cut out steel for the grille and air box that it shouldn't weigh that much more than the other bumpers that were made.
View attachment 28668

yeah, I know, the headlights and stuff look like stickers, can't spend too much time on it :smile:

Attachments

• newhorizon.jpg
    newhorizon.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 16

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Arent you an engineer? Give it a shot!

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
DDonnie said:
Arent you an engineer? Give it a shot!

I can make it in soldiworks, get all the shapes, etc... but not only am I not the best welder, I don't even own one.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
If there's a will, there's a way! Isn't there someone from ortb or old site that fabricated custom bumpers?

Could be the return of a Trailblazer trophy truck?!?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Member mbarton on ORTB is the bumper and underbody armorer for the platform. I had mine made locally before he got into the business, but a one-off custom fabricated bumper from your CAD design can cost $1200-1500. Unless you locate a cheap-ass local welder using Craigslist and work with them.

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
the roadie said:
Member mbarton on ORTB is the bumper and underbody armorer for the platform. I had mine made locally before he got into the business, but a one-off custom fabricated bumper from your CAD design can cost $1200-1500. Unless you locate a cheap-ass local welder using Craigslist and work with them.

it's basically a modification of the current design, some basic shapes for the top.. a single radius... I'll be waiting till Bartonmd has a bit more free time at the end of the year regardless. Unless I break down and get his precut some assembly required kit

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Grimor said:
it's basically a modification of the current design, some basic shapes for the top.. a single radius... I'll be waiting till Bartonmd has a bit more free time at the end of the year regardless. Unless I break down and get his precut some assembly required kit

Liking your TB again?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online