New from Indiana

Shaggyscoob40

Original poster
Jan 11, 2019
Indiana
Just wanted to say hello to everyone after signing up. Was looking for a good community to join. Anyway, I'm just a typical 39 year old yard mechanic who enjoys working on vehicles while hating at the same time lol. Kind of like my transmission cooler lines on my '02 trailblazer. Purchased all 4 sections and new clips but those lines on the trans. is too much. Plus we're getting about 4 inches of snow later so i'm getting an quote on labor since I have all the parts. Besides that, the trailblazer is one heck of an suv. Looking forward to being a part of an awesome community!

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
mail
mail
Welcome
mail

In case you haven't heard:
https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/welcome-to-gmtnation-com-heres-the-story.218/

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Howdy! Your in the right crowd to learn much and share as well. And wondering 'out loud" I wonder how much the labor rates increase in your neck of the woods when snow is about. I like your honesty about "enjoys working on vehicles while hating at the same time lol. " I can relate to that.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Welcome. Being a back yard mechanic is always a love hate relationship.

"Oh that will be a easy repair"
"Why did the bolt snap off there"
"I know I have that tool,,,, Somewhere around here"
**Clink clink clink** "Where did that socket drop too!?!?"
"How the hell do you get this out once its off the engine?"

And then theres the..
"I aint doing that repair"
"Yes I have tools, that doesnt mean I am going to repair your car"
"Maybe I should just buy a new car"

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! You're certainly in the right place.

I think we can all relate to the "love, hate" relationship with DIY repair. And when you're done, tools all over the place you say "screw it, I'll put them away tomorrow". It's always tomorrow!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
What part of IN? We got 9-10 inches of snow here in SE.

JerryIrons

Dec 20, 2011
Just wanted to say hello to everyone after signing up. Was looking for a good community to join. Anyway, I'm just a typical 39 year old yard mechanic who enjoys working on vehicles while hating at the same time lol. Kind of like my transmission cooler lines on my '02 trailblazer. Purchased all 4 sections and new clips but those lines on the trans. is too much. Plus we're getting about 4 inches of snow later so i'm getting an quote on labor since I have all the parts. Besides that, the trailblazer is one heck of an suv. Looking forward to being a part of an awesome community!

Greetings Shaggy,

I'm from western ny so I know all about working on a vehicle when it's cold :smile:

BTW I've repaired my transmission lines twice by using copper line and compression fittings, it's held up for years...

Shaggyscoob40

Original poster
Jan 11, 2019
Indiana
What part of IN? We got 9-10 inches of snow here in SE.
Jennings Co. We got about 2-3 inches but it rained the night after so the top of the snow is iced over.

Greetings Shaggy,

I'm from western ny so I know all about working on a vehicle when it's cold :smile:

BTW I've repaired my transmission lines twice by using copper line and compression fittings, it's held up for years...
I may have to do that myself. It wouldn't be so bad if I had a vehicle lift :tongue:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not too far off then since i am in Ripley County.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online