New Exhaust Tip - Gibson 500372

verbeers

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I finally got around to putting my new Exhaust Tip on. It's a Gibson 500372 - 2.75" inlet with 3.5" Outlet. I cut the exhaust tip right before it turned down to make sure there was enough room to clamp it on. It's on there pretty tight but I may still have it welded on.

256c7117.jpg

eb77c061.jpg

a8bd1229.jpg

49d19a31.jpg

D-V_Envoy

Dec 6, 2011
Good looking tip!:thumbsup:
Now get rid of that "can" and remount that tip. :biggrin: HAHA

--Sorry just took the resonator off my Voy and SO Happy I finally did.

That Gibson tip really is a good choice.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
D-V_Envoy said:
Good looking tip!:thumbsup:
Now get rid of that "can" and remount that tip. :biggrin: HAHA

--Sorry just took the resonator off my Voy and SO Happy I finally did.

That Gibson tip really is a good choice.

:iagree: might as well cut the can off lol then again your can looks pretty clean though!!

verbeers

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
:iagree: might as well cut the can off lol then again your can looks pretty clean though!!

Thanks for the comments guys! I would love to cut the can off as well but the wife has a pretty keen ear, and I have 3 kids with me most of the time and 2 of them are under 3 so any additional noise is unwanted. I took exhaust off the rear hanger to drop it , then I degrease/cleaned it and hit is with some flat black high temp paint..... I think I did 3 coats.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
verbeeres said:
Thanks for the comments guys! I would love to cut the can off as well but the wife has a pretty keen ear, and I have 3 kids under 3 with me most of the time so any addition noise is unwanted. I took exhaust off the rear hanger to drop it , then I degrease/cleaned it and hit is with some flat black high temp paint..... I think I did 3 coats.

There really is no difference in sound, unless you are REALLY listening for it. She will never know based on sound alone.

BeMyWheels

Dec 14, 2011
What are the odds... we both live in Rochester Hills and we both have the exact same Gibson exhaust... :smile:

Great classy look IMO. Much better than the previous OEM look.

BTW, if you used the supplied bolt you should be fine. Mine has been on there for almost a year (IIRC) and is still tight as ever.

bigredtank

Nov 21, 2011
very nice! i have a tip simular to that one! but yes like said in other posts. loose the can and youll be so much more happy with the result!

D-V_Envoy

Dec 6, 2011
verbeers said:
Thanks for the comments guys! I would love to cut the can off as well but the wife has a pretty keen ear, and I have 3 kids with me most of the time and 2 of them are under 3 so any additional noise is unwanted. I took exhaust off the rear hanger to drop it , then I degrease/cleaned it and hit is with some flat black high temp paint..... I think I did 3 coats.

My wife is the same way. She went with me to the muffler shop and as we pulled out of the place onto the highway and got to cruzin' speed she asked why I did it, because she couldn't hear anything different. A few days later she remarked that there was maybe a tiny and slight more noise when she really gets into it, but did noticed that the Voy does look so much better "back there" with the "can" gone. :thumbsup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I will agree with everyone else, cut the can off!!! It is not noticeable at all.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online