New Clueless Member.

AquaLady

Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
What up everyone. I'm Monique from NYC and 27 years young. I came to this forum because I love cars but don't know shit about them. My favorite SUV has always been the TBSS! I recently destroyed my 2002 Mazda Millenia. I just got in and drove. Rarely maintenanced sadly. I blew the engine. Now i have to junk it for a mere $250. What's worse is i'm still paying the bitch off to the bank. So I have to invest in another car. Since I have a big family, I decided on a Trailblazer LS. I wish it was an SS! I will be getting it for about 5k and it has over 100k miles on it. If i do decide to buy it, there's no way im gonna treat this baby like I did to the other poor thing.*
I don't know jack about acronyms. Only ones I know are FWD, RWD, AWD, ABS basically the common ones.
Thats all for my intro and look forward to learning, having fun and meeting new people on here. Peace.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome! You came to the the right place to be able to get help once you get your TB.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome! The first thing you'll wanna do is to try and get a maintenance history and find out when the front and rear differential, transfer case, and transmission fluids were changed. If you can't find out, it's best to just change them. It's important to change them every 50,000 miles.

It'll also be due for spark plugs at 100k miles. There's a lot of helpful people here that are willing to help.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome to The Fam :2thumbsup: Your definitely in the right place with a GREAT GROUP of people that are more than willing to help out.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation, you have come to the right place to learn.

AquaLady

Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Thanks guys. Here's a pic. I do plan to find out the maintenance history. I wish I can get it in writing. The guy I got the truck from is pretty cool and introduced me to the shops that he got work done. He let everyone know that he sold it to me and to give me a discount since he been a member to that shop since it opened.
Here's a pic. Hard to believe its been washed an hour ago lol.
View attachment 32823

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393305789439.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393305789439.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 7

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If you up date your truck info to include that it is an EXT, it may help in the future. There are a few differences between the SWB (Short Wheel Base) and the LWB (Long Wheel Base).

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Welcome to The Nation! Just remember that there is no dumb question. A lot of people on here are very helpful and know a ton! Lol I know in short amount of time I've been a member that I have taken in a huge amount of knowledge that has helped me tremendously.

AquaLady

Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Thanks again. I do plan on becoming knowledgeable and having this become my second hobby. I can't bring my fish to show off outside so the ride has to do. this is an EXT meaning extended? Do ext models actually say so or you can tell by looking? It has 3 rows.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
3 rows is an XL. You can also tell by the rear doors, they are full doors.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
AquaLady said:
Thanks again. I do plan on becoming knowledgeable and having this become my second hobby. I can't bring my fish to show off outside so the ride has to do. this is an EXT meaning extended? Do ext models actually say so or you can tell by looking? It has 3 rows.

3 Rows is extended. It's fairly important to know for certain issues, like rear HVAC - it'd have a roof-mounted system, while regular SWB (short wheelbase) has just a couple vents on the back of the center console. There's other key differences, too.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Welcome to the Nation! :thumbsup:

Like other have mentioned, this is a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable members who would give you the shirt off their back to help. Knowing the maintenance history will give you a starting point on what has already been done and what you need to catch up on/follow-up on. Again, welcome aboard.

AquaLady

Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Lol whats HVAC?I told you, I'm a complete noob when it comes to acronyms. Thanks for the kind words and warm welcomes everyone.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
AquaLady said:
Lol whats HVAC?I told you, I'm a complete noob when it comes to acronyms. Thanks for the kind words and warm welcomes everyone.

HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Welcome! I can tell by your introduction you'll be getting along fine here. You have a sense of humor and readiness to tackle what you can.

I've been here a year, and can now tackel many things I'd never imagined possible of a 48 year old noob to auto repair and maintenance.

Enjoy!

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
If you're on a computer, some acronyms are automatically hooked up with a tooltip to tell you what they mean. Take a look at these four for example - if you hold your mouse over them (they should be underlined with a dotted line) it'll tell you what they mean.

CPAS
LWB
SWB
TB

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation :thumbsup:

I bet you'll soon be addicted to this place........if your not already!

AquaLady

Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Lol fishguy I know all of those! IllogicTC, im using a phone because my pc has the black screen of death.

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Good, then you will catch on soon! If you can get to know your chemistry like that, then this is just another focus for the same interests. BWT, salt or fresh?

AquaLady

Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
I have a planted tank, mbuna cichlid tank and a 30gallon for my betta. Are you on any aquarium forums fishguy?

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
AquaLady said:
I have a planted tank, mbuna cichlid tank and a 30gallon for my betta. Are you on any aquarium forums fishguy?

I have been in the past. MIreefers.com. More of a salt/reef guy myself, but the planted tanks are awesome! Just wanted you to know that if you have the drive to do what you do in your aquariums, you have the ability to understand our rigs!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome to the Nation!

bullguy

Aug 14, 2012
welcome to this Forum...this forum saved me lots of money and the we get immediate response from our respected admins & members.
:smile:

AquaLady

Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Yes I see. Im getting lots of help and learning as I go. I really wish I was hands on and didn't have to see a mechanic if I wanted mods.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
You should rename this thread. not only were you smart enough to know where the clue bus stops, you got in line and started talking to the other passengers.

welcome.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.