New brake hoses.

DanD

Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
Hewitt, WI
My 03 is due for a front brake job and was wondering about also changing the brake hoses since they are 15 years old with 150000 on them. Is this a smart preventative maintenance move? Had one blowout once on Ford work F150. Not fun feeling. Usually wife driving with young son in back. How about stainless steel lines? Worth the extra money? Read that dirt can get in braiding and abrasion can cause leaks. Otherwise I'll just go with good rubber lines like it came with. Thanks for any opinions.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Might be just me, but new standard rubber brake hoses should last another 15 years, so I'd just go with those. I'm not to sure if braided SS hoses are available. My :twocents:.

It looks like you can get all 4 hoses for under $50 from Rockauto. Not to bad for peace of mind.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Stainless is available and only a bit over 100 iirc. If I ever do the lines i prolly will try the upgrade just to see if they do anything. I did them on other trucks, but with all the years with the TB I think i will be better on noticing if any actual change.

DanD

Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
Hewitt, WI
Stainless is available and only a bit over 100 iirc. If I ever do the lines i prolly will try the upgrade just to see if they do anything. I did them on other trucks, but with all the years with the TB I think i will be better on noticing if any actual change.
Let us know if you can tell a difference.

I saw some stainless lines online that are supposed to fit an 03 but I decided to just go with some AC Delco rubber lines. I had even told myself what the first post said. These are 15 years old and still working...what more do I expect?!
Will do backs when I next do rear brake work if the fronts go well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.