New 16" wheels

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Well I have been saving up to replace my wheels, since I just had to buy tires in July a little earlier than expected I had to put it off. I had been on the hunt for 16" wheels and kind of keeping an eye for some deals. Monday I went to discount tires to show someone the wheels I was looking at and came across a hell of a bargain on MBMotors wheels that had been discontinued 4 years ago. I guess the turned up in the manufacturers warehouse. I was checking availability online and was ready to place the order when I decided to call the local stores to get more info. They all told me there was none in their system and they could not order them. I tried to send emails and make other calls and kept either being ignored or not getting a return reply. I was ready to just give up on it and pissed since it was on the website and remembered Matt from Discount Tires on the OS. Since i am on global ignore over there I went looking to see if there was an email to contact him with and I found it. I emailed him last night and this morning he verified my vehicle information 10 minutes later I had an email back telling me that the are available but the store needed to contact the manufacturer for the order not through their system. So i went into the store armed with this information this afternoon and ordered 5 of them. There appears to be quite a few in the warehouse at this time and I will have them installed on Monday.

Sorry for it being a little long winded but I wanted to share my experience with one of the forum reps. I did tell him about GMTN and he is passing it on to the person in charge of forum sponsorship.

Here is the link to the wheels MBMotors Rocker. part number 70224

Here is a pic

View attachment 17265

Attachments

• mbmroc.mm.xl.jpg
    mbmroc.mm.xl.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 19

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I was going to wait and get the Gunners but I am not a big chrome fan and I noticed them all over town. These are high polished so I will have to wait to see what the polish looks like.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Sweet man, cant wait to see them on your truck.:cool:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
djthumper said:
I was going to wait and get the Gunners but I am not a big chrome fan and I noticed them all over town. These are high polished so I will have to wait to see what the polish looks like.

The Rockers will look great. Just an FYI, the Gunner is available in Machined finish too.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I like them!!! I bet they would look really good in a brushed finish of gun metal.

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
SBUBandit said:
The Rockers will look great. Just an FYI, the Gunner is available in Machined finish too.

Not in the 16 6-127, I checked with the manufacturer. In the 6-127 it is available in 17", 18" and 20" with machine finish.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
That's a heluva deal on a nice set of rims :thumbsup:

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
those don't show up in the listing for my area.
We don't have a local bricks and mortar store so it would only show me the online items.
Unsure why it wouldn't show them for my area. It must be different warehouses or something.

It looks like a great deal.

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
navigator said:
those don't show up in the listing for my area.
We don't have a local bricks and mortar store so it would only show me the online items.
Unsure why it wouldn't show them for my area. It must be different warehouses or something.

It looks like a great deal.

Are you talking about the discounttiredirect.com site? I don't know why it doesn't show up there. You can probably contact them and ask. The wheels are sitting in the manufacturers warehouse in Cali. Here is the manufacturer part number 70224.

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Regulator said:
I like them!!! I bet they would look really good in a brushed finish of gun metal.

Yeah, I want to see what this high polish look will look like. If it still looks too bling I will have to see what I can do to tone it down. I like the idea of the brushed gun metal.

alltimeqb said:
Why are you doing 16" rims?

That is kind of a vague question. Do you mean as apposed to 17s or bigger?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like them. I am going full chrome next.

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
HARDTRAILZ said:
I like them. I am going full chrome next.
On your wheels? Which ones are you getting now? Like you I am not too keen on a totally black wheel.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Chrome. Why waste hard earned money on black wheels that look like spares. Black doesn't make them function better.

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Here are the pics of them on the truck
IMG_0275.jpg
IMG_0281.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0277.jpg

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
Those are nice! I'm probably gonna stick with 16s on my TB even after I get Marks lift for it. I'd rather have more rubber than rim.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online