FEEDBACK Never on Google

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Have you guys noticed that this site NEVER shows up on google?
No matter what a search for, if it's related to a Trailblazer, I get an 8 to 10 year old thread on trailvoy but never any threads to this site. Is this place specifically blocking search engines from indexing? If not, maybe you need to work on your SEO a little bit?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
trailvoy has been around so long and so many people click on their links that it just pushes us down. Most of the users that wrote the stuff over there moved here. All you have to do to find it here is to limit it to the site by typing site:gmtnation.com in your search. Follow this for an example: http://bfy.tw/95yZ

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We never get the first link but I have seen a few where we were on the first page. Some examples are "Trailblazer red wire", "Trailblazer forum" and "Trailblazer clean throttle body".

It's all based on rankings and we haven't been around long enough to compete with the OS. And I'm pretty sure that VerticalScope pays off Google or there is trickery to send people their way to look at their ad$. We just can't compete with that.

dkvasnicka

Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
Google definitely indexes this because I actually use Google to search this site more often than I use the "search" feature here...

Just append "site:gmtnation.com" to your search phrase.

edit: just noticed @djthumper mentioned this already, sorry, didnt notice it on mobile

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.