Need to replace 1.5" spacers with a wheel .. need help with offset

boostmg

Original poster
Oct 5, 2022
northeast PA
Hey guys ... just picked this up... It's got z71 rear springs and billstein 5100 on top perch in the front. Previous owner says he thinks rear is 4" maybe and front about 2.5". Tires on it are 275/65/18 .. rims are the 18x8 saabs which i think are +38mm offset. It has 1.5" spacers on the front and the rear.

The problem is this is from NJ, i live in PA ... we can't have wheel spacers. And i don't want to mess with them on and off to get it inspected or have to buy "inspection" only wheels.

What i want to do is just find a rim I can replace these with. So essentially a rim that will provide the same clearance as the 1.5" spacer.

I'm not an offset expert as i'm just getting into this. But 38mm is 1.5 inches. So if my rims are +38mm and i got rims that were 0 offset ... would that give me the 1.5 inch space i need? Seems simple but something tells me it can't be that simple or reliable.

Also i can get 18x9 rims with a 0 or -12 offset .. that would add that extra inch of width to the wheel .. would that rule out the 0 offset?

The last thing about PA inspections is the tire can't stick out past the fender like 1-2" (cant remember exactly). Right now the front tire sticks out every so slightly. 12mm is another .5" .. i think that would be ok but if the 0 offset would work i would go with that.

The 18x9 wheels i can get from work ... if i really needed i guess i can hunt for nice 18x8s but finding wheels seems tough for these.

Thank you

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The wheels should fit as is since they came with the truck. Tire size is another question. It's not the offset but the diameter you have to watch for. I don't remember what size the Saabs came with. @Matt and @TollKeeper should be along to help out.

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
OEM for the Saab was 255/55R18 and offset was 40.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online