Need thread size 2008 6.0 Express

pell

Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
Want to install a manual oil gauge in my van as the pressure seems to change quite a bit. Some say oil pump is bad, others say bad voltage or PCM. Can not find correct thread size to "T" off where oil sensor is. 16 x 1.5 mm seems close but not sure. Thanks

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
I just looked up the sensor. It says the thread is m16 x 1.5

What is your pressure doing? The o-ring on the pickup tube is common to fail. Usually the oil pressure is low at first and then after a while it will come up like it should.

I just got done changing one of these not long ago in an Express van.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
In this Video... Alumnas GMTN Member @MAY03LT describes the Oil Pressure Tester Adapter (by name and Part#) and provides the "HOW-TO" information for its installation and use with an Analog Oil Pressure Tester Gauge:

pell

Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
The oil pressure according to gauge is 36 psi. The warmer the truck gets the lower the pressure. Got off the highway, at idle waiting at a red light PSI was zero.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, the 6.0 truck engines have been known to lose pressure as they age along with the issue with the pickup tube O-ring. I've seen some replace the oil pump with a high volume and pressure pump to solve it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175