Need thread size 2008 6.0 Express

pell

Want to install a manual oil gauge in my van as the pressure seems to change quite a bit. Some say oil pump is bad, others say bad voltage or PCM. Can not find correct thread size to "T" off where oil sensor is. 16 x 1.5 mm seems close but not sure. Thanks

m.mcmillen

Gold Supporter
I just looked up the sensor. It says the thread is m16 x 1.5

What is your pressure doing? The o-ring on the pickup tube is common to fail. Usually the oil pressure is low at first and then after a while it will come up like it should.

I just got done changing one of these not long ago in an Express van.

MRRSM

Lifetime VIP Supporter
In this Video... Alumnas GMTN Member @MAY03LT describes the Oil Pressure Tester Adapter (by name and Part#) and provides the "HOW-TO" information for its installation and use with an Analog Oil Pressure Tester Gauge:

OP
OP
P

pell

The oil pressure according to gauge is 36 psi. The warmer the truck gets the lower the pressure. Got off the highway, at idle waiting at a red light PSI was zero.

Mooseman

Yeah, the 6.0 truck engines have been known to lose pressure as they age along with the issue with the pickup tube O-ring. I've seen some replace the oil pump with a high volume and pressure pump to solve it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
robert maynard
Top Bottom