Need some brake fitting help

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I posted this here as it's Ford related. I need to replace a short hard line from a master cylinder to the LF brake line junction and the part is NLA. I have options with the steel line but it's rusted and not much good meat to flare.

The OE line has a short stainless braided section likely for flexibility and stress relief, so I'm hoping I could use a DOT approved line here without coiling a new steel section.
These Russell lines are D.O.T approved but I'm at a loss to get the correct fitting. The fitting at the master cylinder looks like a bubble flare, and the brake line junction block uses a standard inverted flare. The junction block has 3 lines, one for the rubber hose to the caliper, one to the RF brake, and one to the master cylinder, this does not have front ABS

Thread OD is .38 on the master

Ford brake fitting 2.jpg

Thread OD on the junction block looks like a standard 5/16 IF

Ford brake fitting1.jpg

I would like to use a single hose, 90 deg on one end and straight on the other, part # is 655052

I'm assuming this is the correct fitting for the brake line junction block.

Ford brake fitting 3.jpg

Not sure what fitting, if anyone is well-versed in these fittings any input would be appreciated. I basically need one braided line, and two male fittings for the line.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Take whatever you have that can be cobbled together on the Countertop of any NAPA Store and ask them to rifle their stock of Nickel Copper Lines and SAE or Metric Fittings as replacements. You won't be disappointed ... or come away empty handed. :>)

Reactions: JerryIrons

JerryIrons

Dec 20, 2011
+1 on the nickel copper, that stuff is crazy easy to work with compared to steel lines. I've run it through a vehicle like I was fishing electrical cable through a house. I had much better pricing on amazon sadly, like 1/2 price! And comes with a bunch of fittings as well different sizes.

Take your fittings or whatever you can, chunk of brake line, etc down to NAPA or carquest, you can test fit them right there to make sure they are right.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online