Need service manuals? Get them here!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Damn...nothing for an '08

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Or '09. Maybe in a couple years they'll get those posted. As an aside, they have some manuals like that on old Oldsmobiles and Cadillacs (and tons more Chevy) too which is pretty neat to sift through.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Quite possible they didn't produce any for '08 and '09 because not much changed (except dumping the electro-viscous fan) and they were on their way to being discontinued when the economy tanked.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Mooseman said:
Quite possible they didn't produce any for '08 and '09 because not much changed (except dumping the electro-viscous fan) and they were on their way to being discontinued when the economy tanked.

Good point so for those of us with those years the '07 would be our best bet

slowauto

Mar 28, 2014
I have already gotten more info here in one afternoon than the three years involved with that other site. Thank you GMT !!!!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
slowauto said:
I have already gotten more info here in one afternoon than the three years involved with that other site. Thank you GMT !!!!
Hehe. Since we all left Trailvoy in Dec 2011, that observation is spot on. Glad you discovered where we all got off to. :thumbsup:

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
slowauto said:

Welcome to the Nation!

Curious if you saw a hint to come here or if you landed here by accident.

TimRXUV777

May 6, 2014
Thanks.. my question was are these exclusive (i am in the process of downloading them) to Traiblazer or do they include Envoy Also?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
TimRXUV777 said:
Thanks.. my question was are these exclusive (i am in the process of downloading them) to Traiblazer or do they include Envoy Also?
They cover the GMT360/370 platform. Most of the info should apply to your XUV (GMT305) as well.

Junfan

May 15, 2014
New to these forums and found these. Thank you very much for sharing. I got my new, to me, truck last night and am very excited.

TimRXUV777

May 6, 2014
IllogicTC said:
.... they have some manuals like that on old Oldsmobiles and Cadillacs (and tons more Chevy) too which is pretty neat to sift through.
What site is that old Oldsmobile info on, curious for my 1989 Trofeo?

hotwheeler69

Jul 22, 2014
Looks like they updated that page up to 2007 for the trailblazer

I can not get the page one like to work any one lately have any luck with it?

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
hotwheeler69 said:
I can not get the page one like to work any one lately have any luck with it?
You talking about Mooseman's site with the TB manuals? If so, I'll check shortly, I need to download them on my new computer anyways.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I haven't updated anything so it's not me. Or do you mean the external site that has all the manuals?

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Mooseman said:
I haven't updated anything so it's not me. Or do you mean the external site that has all the manuals?
I checked one of your links last night and it worked fine for me so I'm guessing he was talking about one of the external links, although those worked fine for me too... :eyebrowhuh:

hotwheeler69

Jul 22, 2014
I got it, I am in IT and I copy and paste all the time but this will not work with this login. You just need to make sure you hand type it in. Thanks to all.

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Good to hear that you got her figured out! :thumbsup: I think stuff like passwords probably have a lock on them so that you can't copy and paste due to security against hackers.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The password thing is to prevent other forums from adding the link to their posts so this way, they have to come here to get the login and password or at least post them :raspberry: .

The login and password are easy enough to just type them in :biggrin:

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

BHAMER

Aug 22, 2014
Thanks Mooseman great post. Just got my new to me Envoy, loving the truck and you guys here!

frogman

Dec 4, 2012
Mooseman said:
The password thing is to prevent other forums from adding the link to their posts so this way, they have to come here to get the login and password or at least post them :raspberry: .

The login and password are easy enough to just type them in [emoji3]
I have an 02 trailblazer and try to do most work myself. I need all the help I can get! Can I get the manual from you please?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just follow the instructions in the first post. Use the user name and password posted, NOT the one for the forum.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

sawicksted

Dec 7, 2011
Thanks ....
Got a new computer and just "updated" my TB folder to include the service manuals...

Scott

Reactions: Mooseman and Mounce

hancock

Nov 26, 2014
Hi I'm new to gmtnation awesome site. I have a 2006 envoy 4.2 4x4 (built august 2005 as 2006 model) which service manual would be best for me?

hancock

Nov 26, 2014
I got the 2006 service manual and it looks like it is for the 5.3. Will I be able to get useful info for my 4.2?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Interesting, I would have to wait to get home tonight to see if I have the 4.2 in mine.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You're right. The 4.2 doesn't seem to be included in the 2006 manual. The 2007 doesn't neither. The 2008 does and should work for you as I don't think there were many changes between 2006 and 2008, if at all. There were some changes between 2004 and 2006, such as the ignition coil design and a different crankshaft position reluctor ring (increased number of teeth) and the PCM was changed. Biggest change between 2006 and 2008 is that the electro-viscous fan clutch was dropped in 2008, going to a regular thermal only clutch.

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Awesome :wooot: I been looking for service manuals a long time now :thumbsup: great job thanks a million :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mooseman and Mounce

sunrisor

Dec 3, 2014
Mooseman,
I have an '08 Envoy Denali, and am looking for the service manual. I clicked on the link on the first page for '08 TB service manauls' figuring the only difference is sheet metal. However, what I got was the owners manual. Am I doing something wrong?

thanks

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
When you open that zip file, there is a folder inside marked 2008. Open that one and there is another folder inside of it also called 2008 along with the two PDF of the owners manual. Open that 2008 folder and all the manuals are in there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher