need recommendation with Eibach lowering kit

98tsiawd

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
I’m looking to lower my 02 envoy SLT SWB 4x4 and I don’t want to go too low, so I’m looking at the Eibach kit. Since this kit is 1.5/2.0 would you guys recommend i also install the DJM UCA? Or should I be alright being it’s only a 1.5 drop in the front? I will also be changing out my UCA bushings with the Prothane kit as they have some movement.

Currently I'm running the Monroe sensa tracs struts and shocks, recently replaced in the last year, would you guys also recommend I replace my shocks and struts with something a little more intended for a lowered vehicle??

Do you guys see any disadvantages to just throwing in the springs and calling it a day as long as I can get the alignment with in spec with this kit?

On a side note my truck has 220000 kms, front end is tight except for the UCA bushings. I run the airlift 1000 bags in the rear, which I will also be installing into the new spring hoping the bags will fit (as I will still use this truck to tow). I'm currently running 275/45r20 and I'm looking to close the fender to tire gap a little as next spring I will be running some 22's.

Thanks for the help guys

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
98tsiawd said:
On a side note my truck has 220000 kms, front end is tight except for the UCA bushings. I run the airlift 1000 bags in the rear, which I will also be installing into the new spring hoping the bags will fit (as I will still use this truck to tow). I'm currently running 275/45r20 and I'm looking to close the fender to tire gap a little as next spring I will be running some 22's.

Thanks for the help guys

Those airlift bags wont fit into a lowered spring. Contact NORCAL SS, he knows his stuff about lowering the 360. He had a list of part numbers that would fit the aftermarket springs. If i remember correctly, just about every lowering spring for us would use a different size.

Hope it helps some....

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Airlift bags fit his 30.5 lowering spring. The bag fits in the spring.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
jrSS said:
Airlift bags fit his 30.5 lowering spring. The bag fits in the spring.

not the airbags he has in his stock springs

norcal probably won't know what fits those springs as he doesn't sell them

just put the springs in, lift the truck by the diff so the suspension is loaded, and measure the inside diameter and height of the spring, then email airlift, they'll give you the proper PN. and sell the stock spring bags on here to recoup some $$

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
jimmyjam said:
not the airbags he has in his stock springs

norcal probably won't know what fits those springs as he doesn't sell them

just put the springs in, lift the truck by the diff so the suspension is loaded, and measure the inside diameter and height of the spring, then email airlift, they'll give you the proper PN. and sell the stock spring bags on here to recoup some $$

True.

98tsiawd

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Thanks for the help guys. Any recommendations on wether or not I'll be ok with running my current monroe shocks or should I look at upgrading them?
Thanks again

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
98tsiawd said:
Thanks for the help guys. Any recommendations on wether or not I'll be ok with running my current monroe shocks or should I look at upgrading them?
Thanks again

Such a small drop shouldn't effect the shocks too much. However, I had Monroe Sensatracs on for a week and couldn't stand the way they rode. I now have HD Bilsteins up front and Monroe Reflexes in back---the ride is infinitely better.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online

No members online now.