Need OEM Nav/GPS Antenna Info...

rawdog805

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Hey Folks-

I just ordered a OEM Non-Lux Nav unit that does not come with the Nav/GPS Antenna... *I know the part number for the OEM Antenna is 15135178. *Now my question is since it is so difficult to install the OEM Antenna Correctly, is there an aftermarket GPS Antenna that I can use with a magnet on the bottom of it so I can just attach it somewhere inside of the Dash?? *If so please point me in the Direction of the aftermarket Unit... *I have heard that an Eclipse GPS antenna works with our OEM units, but I am not sure...

Thanks

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
rawdog805 said:
Hey Folks-

I just ordered a OEM Non-Lux Nav unit that does not come with the Nav/GPS Antenna... *I know the part number for the OEM Antenna is 15135178. *Now my question is since it is so difficult to install the OEM Antenna Correctly, is there an aftermarket GPS Antenna that I can use with a magnet on the bottom of it so I can just attach it somewhere inside of the Dash?? *If so please point me in the Direction of the aftermarket Unit... *I have heard that an Eclipse GPS antenna works with our OEM units, but I am not sure...

Thanks

More info please... What year vehicle do you have? What all did you buy? Most of the wiring and stuff is already in the vehicle for all of the OEM. You might already have the antenna and not know it.

rawdog805

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
djthumper said:
More info please... What year vehicle do you have? What all did you buy? Most of the wiring and stuff is already in the vehicle for all of the OEM. You might already have the antenna and not know it.

I bought an Touch Screen Non-Lux Unit with Nav DVD. I don't have the GPS antenna in my 06 TBSS. But I just ordered the OEM GPS antenna from Amazon, so I should be all set. Just have to figure out how to mount it in the dash.

yorel13

Oct 7, 2013
Use double sided tape ,such as for trim . Find a flat place in the dash and stick ant.their .
Yorel13

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
yorel13 said:
Use double sided tape ,such as for trim . Find a flat place in the dash and stick ant.their .
Yorel13

What he said. Been working great for me for about 2 years now on my Navi unit. I taped it to the top of the nav unit itself. Never had GPS tracking issues.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online