Need new shocks and struts so why not...

keepontruckin

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Hey everyone,

I'm currently running the roughcountry 2" leveling kit, and its alright, but i want more height! :biggrin:

Summers coming up fast so ill finally have time (and money) to do my shocks and struts. Ill be going with bilstein HDs.

But i was thinking, since ill have the front end apart anyway, i might as well get marks new 3" lift and flip the UCAs and possibly change the front springs...

That being said what springs do you guys suggest for my future setup? or should i just keep the stock ones? Im looking to keep a decent ride, but still have a nice ride height...just figured id ask for your opinions

Thanks,
Rob

jham

Nov 20, 2011
keepontruckin said:
Hey everyone,

I'm currently running the roughcountry 2" leveling kit, and its alright, but i want more height! :biggrin:

Summers coming up fast so ill finally have time (and money) to do my shocks and struts. Ill be going with bilstein HDs.

But i was thinking, since ill have the front end apart anyway, i might as well get marks new 3" lift and flip the UCAs and possibly change the front springs...

That being said what springs do you guys suggest for my future setup? or should i just keep the stock ones? Im looking to keep a decent ride, but still have a nice ride height...just figured id ask for your opinions

Thanks,
Rob

what springs does your truck have now there is a limited number of springs that are available. What is you Future set up going to entail? Armour?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Exactly. Do you have an aggressive offroading mission and suitable trails on the horizon? Or is this a Lift Meant For Appearance Only?

keepontruckin

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I definitely plan on armoring it but looking to do the suspension first since it will be apart for the new struts, and its not exactly a pavement queen and has the scars to prove it...if that what you guys are asking...and another inch or so would definitely not hurt on some of the trails the TB sees every spring trout season cough,saturday,cough lol

jham

Nov 20, 2011
keepontruckin said:
I definitely plan on armoring it but looking to do the suspension first since it will be apart for the new struts, and its not exactly a pavement queen and has the scars to prove it...if that what you guys are asking...and another inch or so would definitely not hurt on some of the trails the TB sees every spring trout season cough,saturday,cough lol

ok since the 85, 86,87,and 88 spring are on back order and limited numbers of 89's. I would call to see what you can get over a month ago when I got some 89's there was less than 10 available.

keepontruckin

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
jham said:
ok since the 85, 86,87,and 88 spring are on back order and limited numbers of 89's. I would call to see what you can get over a month ago when I got some 89's there was less than 10 available.

so should I start looking at the salvage yard? and if so what spring number should I be looking for?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online