need help with amplifier installation.

Dpitts

Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
Atlanta
Hi,
I want to install a amp and sub in my 08 97x with Bose system and keep the original head unit. Where should I tap into the speaker wire for the signal for the line to rca adapter? At the bose amp or head unit? Where can I find a diagram for the sound system? I'm sure this has been covered but I searched here and Youtube and was unable to find it. Bazooka p500d amp and Infinity 12 in ported box. I just want a little more bass and I already had this stuff in my garage. Thanks

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@ the amp. You'll also find a trigger wire for the amp turn on/ remote turn on. Standby a few minutes for the wire diagram at the amp.

EDIT: here you go! This is the wire pin out at the amp which is located under the passenger side rear most panel in the trunk.
Screenshot_20190930-112227.jpg
Screenshot_20190930-112200.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Have you considered an audio interface from PAC? I was able to add an amp to a complete BOSE setup in my 2005 Monte Carlo (leased) without cutting/splicing a single wire using one of their interfaces. It essentially provides low-level RCA outputs via a pigtail and a box. The output is adjustable and the pigtail provided me an amp turn on signal. It also installed at the head-unit so it was very easy for me to do. I did similar in my 2002 Bravada (current) but it's not BOSE. I do know they have several variations of their interfaces for BOSE, OnStar, etc... Just a thought.

Dpitts

Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
Atlanta
@ the amp. You'll also find a trigger wire for the amp turn on/ remote turn on. Standby a few minutes for the wire diagram at the amp.

EDIT: here you go! This is the wire pin out at the amp which is located under the passenger side rear most panel in the trunk.
View attachment 95868
View attachment 95869

Hi
Are the front door speakers labeled midrange or just front speaker in the diagram? Also, is B11 the wire that should be used to turn on the Amp? Thanks again

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@Dpitts A9-A12 are your front door speakers and where you'd be able to get a better low end for a sub amp..... Yes B11 is where you get the turn on for the amp.

What amp and subwoofer you going with?

EDIT: In the pin out front speakers A5-A8 is the tweeters in the dash, you'll get no bass no matter what high to low conventer you go with and your amp and sub set up will sound like trash.

Last edited:

Dpitts

Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
Atlanta
Bazooka p500d amp and Infinity 12 inch. It's way too loud for me so I will get a smaller Amp. 700 watts at 2 ohm's

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It's way too loud for me so I will get a smaller Amp

Is the gain already adjusted to its lowest setting? Turned down the base on the HU equalizer?

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Did you use a PAC Audio converter or are you splicing a line level converter in? Have you adjusted your line level converter? Also, at least on my system, as volume decreases, bass increases as volume increases bass decreases. This is accomplished via a crossover in the headunit and is to protect the factory amp, hu, and speakers.

Dpitts

Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
Atlanta
I spliced in a line converter. All of the gains where down. That Amp is very powerful so I got a Power Acoustik amp from Walmart and it suites this setup much better. I still have it turned all the way down because a guy with a gray beard's stereo shouldn't shake his neighbor's car at the red light. 😀

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online