need help with amplifier installation.

Dpitts

Hi,
I want to install a amp and sub in my 08 97x with Bose system and keep the original head unit. Where should I tap into the speaker wire for the signal for the line to rca adapter? At the bose amp or head unit? Where can I find a diagram for the sound system? I'm sure this has been covered but I searched here and Youtube and was unable to find it. Bazooka p500d amp and Infinity 12 in ported box. I just want a little more bass and I already had this stuff in my garage. Thanks

xavierny25

@ the amp. You'll also find a trigger wire for the amp turn on/ remote turn on. Standby a few minutes for the wire diagram at the amp.

EDIT: here you go! This is the wire pin out at the amp which is located under the passenger side rear most panel in the trunk.
Screenshot_20190930-112227.jpg
Screenshot_20190930-112200.jpg

Last edited:

TequilaWarrior

Have you considered an audio interface from PAC? I was able to add an amp to a complete BOSE setup in my 2005 Monte Carlo (leased) without cutting/splicing a single wire using one of their interfaces. It essentially provides low-level RCA outputs via a pigtail and a box. The output is adjustable and the pigtail provided me an amp turn on signal. It also installed at the head-unit so it was very easy for me to do. I did similar in my 2002 Bravada (current) but it's not BOSE. I do know they have several variations of their interfaces for BOSE, OnStar, etc... Just a thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
aczlan