!!!Need Help!!! Swapping a 2009 Powertrain into a 2007 Escalade

elguano

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
Alright Guys, so to make a story short that been going on for months now, bought a 09 Escalade AWD Fully loaded, slightly smash on the front bumper to rebuilt, bought in the US to export it to Canada, repaired the damn truck then I've try to get the safety on it, popped out as a Flooded vehicule, part of the law in Canada you Cannot plate a car that as been branded as flooded vehicule. So this truck turn out to be a Part only vehicule. After arguing with the Auction Company they did good and refunded me a good part of the vehicule and bought it as part only...

So now basically Am having a 09 Escalade with 40 000 Miles on it, that run great and cannot get it plated. So after months of research found a 2007 Escalade with 220 000 Miles on it (See where am going with this...) for CHEAP so am looking into buying it and swap the entire power train.

1st Problem am having my truck has the L9H in it and the other one the L92, do I only have to swap intake and exhaust manifold to get it to work?

2nd Problem : Apparently as per the scrap year am dealing with 09 Tranny aren't the same as the 07-08 is that right? Are they interchangable?

Any other problem you guys might be seeing I would appreciate it, and if that could be quick cuz at the price this guy is selling is 07 Escalade it won't stay there for long...

elguano

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
Alright so here's what I figured out so far before even getting myself into this mess.

Fuel pump is the same, difference is the fuel pressure sensor
Intake Manifold is the same
TB is different
Map sensor is different from the 2 Engines
Engine Oil Sensor is Different
and the Front 02 Sensors are differents...

So If i would be swapping all the sensors from the L92 to the L9H

And since we are at it, swapping back the L92 with 220 000miles into the L9H and try to resell it as a Part Only again

Would this work...

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
seems like the big difference is E85. if i were you, i'd just swap longblocks. use your original complete intake manifold/fuel rail, original exhaust manifolds. just get a new set of intake / exhaust gaskets and you're good to go.

what is an engine oil sensor? oil level sensor? should just be two wires on a float sensor, nothing complicated.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
The 09+ 4speed trans' are different, I dont know for sure if the 6spds are or not.

Depends how much swapping you want to do. Are you just trying to run the engine/trans in the 07 as they only have 40k vs the 07's 220k? Im with Jimmy, swap longblocks. For the trans, have to crack it open and swap the TCM out (they're inside the 6spd autos) from the 07 into the 09. Again, have to verify they are compatible before doing this.

elguano

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
Ok so that where I am with this project

Oil pan is different from the 2007 to 2009 (Don't know why, maybe it has something to do with the Oil Level Sensor mentionned above)
Oil pump is the same

Tranny AWD 6L80 is the same, not sure if I have to swap the TCM tho...

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
navigator said:
I don't usually try to skirt the law but I would be tempted to do the same thing.
i'm not committing a felony just to make a few grand...

elguano

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
Yeah, nah, don't want to get in there... Too much trouble if something goes wrong, get into an accident and they check the vehicule properly and find out a VIN somewhere that wasn't swapped, A hell of a trouble + not talking about insurance probably won't pay up.

And swapping the Cabin wouldn't work, so the Truck is ordered, so i'll keep you posted of the result of this headache :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online