NEED HELP Need help finishing my interior modifications (electrical)

RobRev6

Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
Roanoke, Virginia
Hey guys, I'm finishing up some interior modifications I've been working on over the past few days and figured i'd ask a few questions i've been meaning to ask for a while. The stuff I installed (which i absolutely recommend, they're awesome!) is this TaoTronics bluetooth adapter which I wired behind the dash into the stock Bose unit, this Ginsco hardwired dual USB port that i drilled a hole for under/in front of the e-brake, and this magnetic phone mount. I got everything wired up behind the dash finally.
So to wire the aux-out from the bluetooth unit into the stock radio, i found where the overhead dvd player audio lines from the RCA input go into the back of the head unit and spliced it in. It works great, but my only problem is that I have to push the little black button on the DVD player each time I start the car to get the head unit for the DVD-aux option to pop up. It isn't a huge deal, but I would really appreciate figuring out a way for that to be enabled when the car starts.
My other question is with the power. Currently, I have a disassembled standard dual usb cigarette lighter with a positive and negative lead soldered on, running to be spliced with the cigarette lighter wires behind the dash. I also have the Grinsco port wired into the same splice. (Side question, that isn't too heavy of a load is it?) I have the bluetooth system plugged into one of the behind the dash ports, and the other one is a dedicated QC 2.0 port that pops a usb-c cable out right beneath my phone mount. I'm really happy with the way everything turned out, but I wish all the components were switched and turned off when the car did. Is there a way to change the cigarette lighters from always on? I know some cars allow you to do this by changing the location of a fuse, but I couldn't find anything on the trailblazer. Thanks, Rob.
PS, sorry this is horribly formatted. It's late here and my brain is tired:Zzzz:
Also, if anybody wants a guide to how I did any of this, just let me know. Here are some pictures of the setup:

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
If youve got extra money laying around, you can ixne the little Bluetooth and pull the radio and put virtually any 7” double din unit in its place. All double dins come factory with Bluetooth built directly in. The Android ones even let you check Facebook and text ect.. they’re also relatively cheap in the car world at least. Starting around 200 bucks all the way up to 3-4 grand for factory replacement units from alpine. Good luck

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
To make the cigarette lighter switched just splice in a relay on the feed that closes the circuit with ignition on.

Reactions: Blckshdw

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
What I did was find the fuse that controls the cig lighters...ran a fused wire to the output side of where the fuse was and connect the next end to a switched source.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
What I did was find the fuse that controls the cig lighters...ran a fused wire to the output side of where the fuse was and connect the next end to a switched source.

I need to get this done as well. Got any pics? And what's a fused wire never heard of that before?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Just a wire protected by a fuse. If you're rerouting that circuit to a switched source, you're no longer able to use the factory fuse, so, you need a new fuse in your new bypass wire.

Oh, dna beat me...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online