NEED HELP ASAP! Just replaced front axle disconnect and....

mightymx69

Original poster
May 12, 2018
NC
I have a 2002 GMC Envoy SLT and I just rebuilt my front axle disconnect and I realize with the front end on jack stands, in park obviously, parking brake on, the drivers side wheel will spin freely, however the passenger side wheel only does a partial spin of about 15 degrees back and forth. Is this normal? I really did not pay attention to this before and my biggest concern is I may have messed up the axle disconnect during assembly and it is bound up. I have engaged AWD and disengaged and I get the exact same result, drivers side spins freely, passenger only about 15 deg back and forth, no matter if I am in AWD or 2HI. Thanks a lot, Chad.

mightymx69

Original poster
May 12, 2018
NC
I have a 2002 GMC Envoy SLT and I just rebuilt my front axle disconnect and I realize with the front end on jack stands, in park obviously, parking brake on, the drivers side wheel will spin freely, however the passenger side wheel only does a partial spin of about 15 degrees back and forth. Is this normal? I really did not pay attention to this before and my biggest concern is I may have messed up the axle disconnect during assembly and it is bound up. I have engaged AWD and disengaged and I get the exact same result, drivers side spins freely, passenger only about 15 deg back and forth, no matter if I am in AWD or 2HI. Thanks a lot, Chad.
Nevermind, I'm a dumbass, axle was not in all the way!! I knew something didn't seem right, both wheels should definitely spin freely in case any one is wondering.

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
OK. Thanks for.solving your own.problem :biggrin:

Reactions: Kurb and Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86