Need assistance on installing SS front brake lines

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Thanks @xavierny25 for the tips on removing the front brake hose.

Once removed I was able to heat the fitting and loosen the coating so all is good.

I purchases the SS (stainless steel) lines for the TBSS (Stop Tech 950.62013) and it appears to mount the same, but I don't see how the right side will work as it seems to be too short when turned to full lock. The calipers and brackets are for the TBSS also so mounting point is the same.

Is the TBSS steering knuckle different?

The front mount I can make work...

Screenshot_20200702-141704_Gallery.jpg

However the rear I don't see how it will work.

Screenshot_20200702-141646_Gallery.jpg

For time being I can use one mount, but surely don't want to keep it that way.

The other issue is the factory metal tab that holds the ABS sensor, I can heat that and remove it from the OE hose.

Reactions: mrrsm

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@gmcman I have the same issue with the stop tech kit on my Envoy. I just use zip ties through the 10mm screw hole to keep them close to where they should be. I prefer the Clarksville ss braided brake lines like the ones I put on my brother-in-laws TBSS. That kit came with the same bracket that is on our stock brake lines and the lines seem to be a little longer too and have some where to attach the abs sensor wire.

The stop tech are great for now but when I get an itch and It bothers me enough I'll swap over to the Clarksville.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
There's a local guy who does some great cnc/milling work, I may have him tap the LR mounting/distribution block since the TBSS has 4-channel ABS and mine has 3-channel.

Otherwise I may just purge these lines and @xavierny25 if you are still interested you can have dibs since you asked last year.

I picked up the OE TBSS front hoses in case I don't find anything, I will reach out to Clarksville on Monday.

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online